Freepbs server has both Static and DHCP assigned addresses

My freepbx server has a static ip assigned (displayed in System Admin / Network Settings) but I discovered today while checking my DHCP server leases that it also has a dhcp assigned address. The lease is being renewed.

The Firewall / Interfaces page displays an entry for “eth0” with the static address along with an entry “dynamic” that displays the dynamic address.

In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts there is an ifcfg-eth0 file with the static address config info with a comment “# Freepbx System Generated network configuration” and also an ifcfg-dynamic file with comments “#Generic Firewall Configuration Generated by Freepbx Firewall” there are no interface config lines other than “ZONE=external” and “DESCRIPTION=“unset””

ifconfig -a shows etho with only the static address and the lo: interface

Freepbx seems to be operating normally but I’d like to know why the DHCP address is there and how to remove it?

Thanks,

The server details are:
FreePBX 14.0.5.25
PBX Firmware:12.7.4-1803-1.sng7
PBX Service Pack:1.0.0.0
Current Asterisk Version: 13.19.1

And from bash,

ip addr

returns ?

Didn’t think to try that one. There is a dhclient process running on the server.

2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000
link/ether 00:50:56:b0:42:6f brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 10.0.0.114/16 brd 10.0.255.255 scope global eth0
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet 10.0.2.208/16 brd 10.0.255.255 scope global secondary dynamic eth0
valid_lft 276912sec preferred_lft 276912sec
inet6 fe80::250:56ff:feb0:426f/64 scope link
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

There is nothing technically wrong with that but probably not what you want :wink:

ip route

will show your egress

I’d like to know how to stop the server requesting a dhcp address.

Generally by giving it a static one on boot and not starting up any “network managers” or dhcpclient

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.