FPBX/PBXact Backups Fail

Trying to run backups I see failures in trying to get a backup on some things. For example I have a back up that just backs up the servers voicemail to it’s own backup set. Needless to say with VoiceMail, this is dynamic and could have new added or old removed at any point in a large system.

So I just tried to run this local backup and get:

Adding file to tar: files/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/8260/greet.wav
	Adding file to tar: files/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/4325/unavail.wav
	Adding file to tar: files/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/4325/greet.wav
	Adding file to tar: files/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/4325/busy.wav
	Adding file to tar: files/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/8290/Old/msg0000.wav

In FileInfo.php line 53:
  /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/8290/Old/msg0000.wav does not exist  

backup [--backup BACKUP] [--externbackup EXTERNBACKUP] [--dumpextern DUMPEXTERN] [--transaction TRANSACTION] [--list] [--warmspare] [--implemented] [--filestore FILESTORE] [--restore RESTORE] [--restorelegacycdr] [--ignoremodules IGNOREMODULES] [--modules MODULES] [--restoresingle RESTORESINGLE] [--backupsingle BACKUPSINGLE] [--singlesaveto SINGLESAVETO] [--b64import B64IMPORT] [--fallback] [--useinfiledb] [--skiprestorehooks] [--skipbindport] [--skipdns] [--skipremotenat] [--skiptrunksandroutes]

I honestly expect this to fail if someone removed a voicemail during the backup, is this expected behavior, as it leaves no backup file at all, so there is no backup when done…

What version of the voicemail module are you running?

I think we were running into a similar issue with Advanced Recovery and a support engineer had us update to a new edge version of the voicemail module.

fwconsole ma downloadinstall --tag 16.0.48 voicemail

Thanks for the reply Igor,

We are still on 15.x on this PBXact server, and it’s version is 15.0.28. I have been beating on this a little, and I thinking I may have some kind of directory/file corruption, as it’s trying to backup a file that does not exist, I went and looked. So figure when I can later at night, I will stop the PBX for a few, copy out the voice mail, recreate the directory and copy everything back. It may not fix it, but it will assume me all the files in there are clean. The PBX has more than 500 extensions, so I figure I need to make sure it’s clean, as it can have a big impact.

Everything else seems to be working OK, backups run, as long as I don’t include the voice mail files. I will for sure post a follow up once I run my tests later on, to see if it’s corruption…

Well as a follow-up, the issue seems to have been that the older PBX versions at one point used a default and device directory, with device being full of symlinks. This is not the case in the newer code it seems, and it had a bunch of dangling links that were very much broken.

I have gone through and removed any of the old links, and now the backup fires off fine…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.