Forward to cell

Does anybody know if there is a way to forward calls from a desk phone to a cell then pick the call up at the desk? Basically the scenario is, use the “Follow me” feature, caller finds me in the car on the cell, I get to work and want to pick the call up at my desk. Any help appreciated. I can see logistically how it’d work with the asterisk server controlling the call so it can accomplish this, but I’m not that good. heh

I do not think it can be done…

I wanted same thing

park and then pick up

Actually dude, http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+call+parking might be what your’e looking for. Call parking is a cool feature, I’m hoping to use it in an upcoming pilot of voip in my shop. The link goes to raw asterisk conf stuff, but I’m sure with a little more googling under call parking you can find an example for AAH/trixbox. I’m hoping I’m not screwed though. I was really hoping to add that feature. One of our current TDM PBX’s does this and I figured it wouldn’t be too tough since that system sux. Guess I might be wrong. Unless an asterisk Guru can help me out here

See with the frowarding the call is passed to the cell phone network, not an exten. so those function do not work

This works great as long as you use exten’s once it goes hardline or cell
there are PBX functions

[from-internal-custom]

exten => 111,1,Zapateller(answer|nocallerid)
exten => 111,2,Wait(1)
exten => 111,3,Goto(who-r-u,s,1)

[who-r-u]
exten => s,1,Background(vm-rec-name)
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3,Record(/tmp/asterisk-stranger:gsm|5|15)
exten => s,4,Background(pls-hold-while-try)
;exten => s,5,Goto(ext-miscdests,3,1)
exten => s,5,Goto(parkedcalls,70,1)
exten => s,6,Background(pls-stay-on-line)
exten => s,7,VoiceMail(4001@default)
exten => s,8,Playback(Goodbye)
exten => s,9,Hangup

[parkedcalls]
exten => 70,1,Answer
exten => 70,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => 70,3,ParkAndAnnounce(inbound:/tmp/asterisk-stranger:vm-isonphone:at-following-number:PARKED|30|local/4001@from-internal|who-r-u,s,7)
exten => 70,4,Hangup

I think bubba meant “Once it goes hardline or cell there are NO pbx functions”, and strictly speaking this is true; but since the call is still coming into the Asterisk box on its incoming leg, and then goes out to the cell, the box ought to be able to reclaim that leg and redirect it to an extension, no?

Of course you cannot do that from the cell (i.e. you cannot, from the cell, send the call to a parking position; but the Asterisk should still be able to take back the incoming leg, thus simply producing a hangup on the cell.

Of course I don’t know at this stage how to implement this, but it should not be impossible (of course you might need some type of special privilege for that, because otherwise ANY asterisk user could grab calls away from others.

Yes Paul I meant No

right now this is what happens
when a call comes in the person is prompted to record name, then they are “parked”, my phones all ring and my cell rings

I answer it is asterisk calling with “fred is on the line” but I can not press 71 to pickup the call, I have to hangup and dail in the system to pickup the call and that is to much hassle on the road.

I need to to be to press one to take the call or two to reject the call

Bubba I think wnpaul hit the nail on the head. Although your solution is cool, I run a 5 9s operation and call back to the box isn’t an option, customers need to get through in case of emergency. I wasn’t set on having the call on park persay, but what wnpaul said is exactly it. The ability to grab back the call from a hand set and sending a hangup to the cell is exactly what I need. Encouraging that more than just myself thinks this is doable. Thanks again for the alternative solution Bubba, if I can’t have it my way, yours could be a possible way for me to go.

This seems to me related to what is called “barge in”, and I just did a search on voip-info.org for that term.

I gather from that that Flash Operator Panel can barge in; so presumably that would be one way of doing this from your desk, but that’s a solution for at most one or two admin types.

Perhaps it is possible to program a feature code to do whatever FOP does when you barge in?

But certainly the FOP source code is one place I’d start looking.

See the problem is once the call is passed to the cell phone it is not under control of the PBX so you can park it nor barge in (which allows you to pick up a ringing exten other than your own)
If I dump them into a CONF then I can do some funky stuff but that is just to much patching…

I didn’t realize the call was relinquished after it was forwarded, I guess I assumed that since the call was established through the pbx and forwarded by it, that the pbx was passing the call through itself. Double bummer

As far as I can tell you can prevent the PBX relinquishing the call by including “canreinvite=no” in the (SIP) trunk definition. Then the call stays under control of the PBX with one leg coming in from wherever and the other leg going out to the cell phone.
Don’t know how that would work out if the outgoing trunk is IAX or ZAP.

Where are you doing your forwarding? If you setup the cell phone as a custom extension and Asterisk is doing the forwarding then Asterisk is still in the call path and the cell phone would still have ability to transfer/park the call.

Parking, Transfering, dropping into a Que all that is fine all that “works”.

But here it is, If I go to Joe Blow to “sell” him on this system I have to offer him the total package, that means dumping “Freedom Voice” voice mail.

That means he will want the same setup.
Someone calls in, they are busy or have the calls forwarded out, the Voice mail pickups They announcement is Press One or this two for that bah bah…
They chose the exten, the system says “Please state your name” the caller gives the name the name is recorded(Who-r-u) and they are then placed on hold (call is dumped into a queue) the exten rings (cell phone) the call is answered and the Name is played, and is told who is waiting.
Now I can press 1 to take the call or 2 to reject the call(send to VM) or three to sent it off to someone else (ring another exten (cell / home phone)

Problem is there is no way for anyone do setup that in the GUI.

I can do the forward thing but unless I hack together the who-r-u, with a que (or two) I can not get it to work.

Maybe time to hit the Donate button

Ok new problem. I was trying to park the call from the forwarded cell, I was doing this on an AA@H box that I had already setup BC I hadn’t setup my Broadvoice acct on my trixbox that has freepbx. The new problem is that the calls that are forwarded are silent, no sound to either phone. Direct calls and calls between extensions work fine, but the forwarded calls no sound is transmited. I would imagine that for the call parking to work that dtfm needs to be heard.

If I receive a call in this way on my cell, I can press # and a@h says
"transfer". I can then dial any extension & transfer the
call…at least I could on a@h 1.3, not tried it on v2.7

On 14/06/06, wnpaul [email protected] wrote:

[quote] I think bubba meant “Once it goes hardline or cell there are NO pbx functions”, and strictly speaking this is true; but since the call is still coming into the Asterisk box on its incoming leg, the box ought to be able to reclaim that leg and redirect it to an extension, no?

Of course you cannot do that from the cell (i.e. you cannot, from the cell, send the call to a parking position; but the Asterisk should still be able to take back the incoming leg, thus simply producing a hangup on the cell.

Of course I don’t know at this stage how to implement this, but it should not be impossible (of course you might need some type of special privilege for that, because otherwise ANY asterisk user could grab calls away from others.

Wolf N. Paul
[email protected]

Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

[/quote]

Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)