Forum not working in Safari

Yesterday the forum stopped working for me in Safari, both on Mac and iPad. Clearing cookies and cache for the site did not help. Looks like there are some JS errors. Was there an update yesterday?

I’m using safari to reply to this from my iPhone. No problems here.

All I get on both devices is

FreePBX | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

I had to also find and clear the cache for “netdna-ssl.com” which this site relies on. Now it’s working again. But I don’t know what caused the problem in the first place.

Hi!

Most likely a problem at the CDN (Content Delivery Network) they use (netdna-ssl.com is a CDN)…

You can clear the cache of different sites separately? I don’t remember ever seeing that on the browsers I use… It does seem to cause more trouble than it is worth considering you have to know the domain names used by each site you use… :smirk:

Have a nice day!

Nick

I would not want to have to clear all my browser history just to fix a single site. So I am glad for this feature in Safari. But you are right; as you can see here, it’s a bit of work to figure out what needs to be cleared.

We are aware of this issue in that we know it only affects safari based browsers. We haven’t looked into it any further. It’s been an issue for about a year now.