FOP2 on FreePBX Distro

Has anyone managed to successfully setup call pop-up in FOP2?

I have done the following:

1. Set notify_on_ringing=1 in /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg
  2. uncommented the following 2 lines in checkdir.php
    header(“Content-type: text/javascript”);
    echo “window.open(‘http://www.google.com/search?q=$clidname&q1=$fromqueue’);\n”;
  3. service fop2 restart

Made a few test calls & I do not get any pop-ups in fop2 panel.

If this has worked on anyone else, please share if there is anything else I need to do or how should I go about debugging.

Thanks!!

Have you read this?
http://members.asternic.biz/knowledge_base/fop2-popups-and-variables

For support and debug I would recommend the FOP developers and community forums. I know the responses can be kind of slow there, but that is where you would get the most knowledgeable answers.

Thanks @comtech
Yes, I’ve read the article you suggested, did not help hence fall back to community.

FOP developers and community forums is literally dead. I posted there first, no response for a few days or maybe a week+
Very disappointing to see no support, especially for a paid product.

I’ve used them for Call Center stats and when I submit an inquiry it usually takes a bit, 1.5+ weeks, but so far they respond (so slowly).

Low hanging fruit:

• Is the browser blocking anything in anyway?
  • Is the FOP2 extension installed on the end user browser and configured correctly for popups?

My suggestion would be to review the FOP2 logs to see if you can see anything.

If you need popups desperately, you could review the following to see if any of that meets your needs.

Zulu also offers call pops.

Understood this is moving in a different direction than initially desired, just throwing out alternative ideas that can help move you along.

Thanks again @comtech
I re-reviewed the link to sent previous.

The Chrome extension is an alternate method which I did not explore because its not practical for me. The primary method did not work for me. I re-checked all the settings. Everything seems to be fine for me.

For a production server, we do not want to depend on a company who does not bother to reply to its paying customers for weeks.

I think I’ll go with your suggestion to find an alternate tool.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

I have a staging installation in which we test popups on connect. It works. When we were evaluating software possibilities, we also used notify-on-ringing for a while just to check if it works.
I did not modify any scripts, just set URL for every user in their preferences. For notify-on-connect, it is necessary to also flip the option in fop2.cfg but - as I remember - it was not required for notify-on-ringing to work (or it was enabled by default). I have the last 2.31.27 version.

1 Like

Let me verify the above & come back.
Thanks

Yes - I have this working on one of my boxes. It runs FreePBX 14.

If you are still interested then drop me a message and we can compare settings etc.

Thank you @Fraser @kiziuk for your responses.
I figured my preferences was not correctly set.
Pop-up are working now!!!
Love the community support…
Thanks again & stay safe!!

1 Like

No problem - glad you got it sorted. Fop2 support is hard to come by. Live chat on their site is usually the best and only support, that is if you can get a hold of Augusta or Nicholas.

I’ve learnt a lot about fop2 over the years so if you, or anyone, gets stuck, then feel free to drop me a message.

I prefer to use checkdir.php for the popups however as it’s a single place to set the pop up. Plus, as it’s PHP, you can do more advanced things. For example, in my environment, I pop up different CRM systems based on the call clid, or don’t fire a popup for some calls, eg internal calls, withheld and a couple of other call types.

Fraser.

1 Like

No problem - glad you got it sorted. Fop2 support is hard to come by. Live chat on their site is usually the best and only support, that is if you can get a hold of Augusta or Nicholas.

I so agree. Nicholas or Augusta are hard to get online. We are also using their CCStats software.

I’ve learnt a lot about fop2 over the years so if you, or anyone, gets stuck, then feel free to drop me a message.

Thanks!!!

I prefer to use checkdir.php for the popups however as it’s a single place to set the pop up. Plus, as it’s PHP, you can do more advanced things. For example, in my environment, I pop up different CRM systems based on the call clid, or don’t fire a popup for some calls, eg internal calls, withheld and a couple of other call types.

Thanks, I will reach out to you for any help.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.