Follow me - original number not appearing

Hello,

I have the following issue regarding the “Followme” option.

When a customer calls my extension and I am not there, the “Followme” options redirects the call to my cell phone. All is working great except that the number presented is the number of my company not the original CID of the caller.

I called my IP phone provider who told me that they do not block the CID transfer, so it is a matter of Freepbx configuration

I am under Asterix 16 and Freepbx 15.

I checked many posts but could not find the solution.

Thanks

Edit: Trunk settings

username=XXXXXXXX
secret=XXXXXXXXXXX
host=voip.myopenip.fr
fromdomain=voip.myopenip.fr
fromuser=0102030405
type=friend
context=from-trunk
insecure=invite
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
directmedia=no
qualify=yes
keepalive=45
nat=force_rport,comedia
dtmfmode=auto
disallow=all
allow=alaw,ulaw,gsm

Edit 2:

• I talked to my IP provider. The phone “Followme” number format should be 10 digits long. So, I managed to get an intermediate solution by forcing a “Fixed CID Value” when the phone call is transferred, ex: 9110000000. On my cell, this number appears instead of the company number.

• But I still not have the original caller ID transferred through the trunk by default. Please help.

Does your provider let you spoof the CID?

Yes indeed. There were 3 issues.

1. my provider forced by default my company number to callers (which I removed)
  2. The format had to be 10 digits
  3. Freepbx cannot do it natively but if you search the Internet with these keywords Freepbx Customize outgoing caller name and caller ID, you will find how to circumvent the issue.

So all done for me.

Thanks

umm wut?
FMFM, by default, will send the inbound CID back out.

Then of course there is this…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.