Follow Me Not Calling - Question

For some reason “Follow Me” stopped calling the numbers in the follow me (hunt) list. What things in the settings would cause the “Follow Me” feature to stop calling the numbers. I have started from scratch with a fresh install to thinking that was the problem, but after resetting everything up again just like I had it before, it still doesn’t work! I am trying to get an idea as to what “things” would affect this and what I should start looking at to try and trouble shoot this.

Doug

Follow-me can be enabled or disabled. Assuming it is enabled, we will probably need to see the log entries of a failed call.

I don’t quite know the steps for checking the logs, can you explain how to go about getting to the logs and getting the information I need to share with you?

Thanks,
Doug

Can anyone explain how to go about viewing the logs so that I can share the requested information with you guys to help me trouble shoot this?
Thanks,
Doug

Did you read the wiki yet?

Yes I have looked through the WIKI and it is confusing as hell trying to find the information I am looking for. The wiki on this site doesn’t seem to be as user friendly as other wiki’s I have been to in the past. If only someone would be willing to take the time and actually explain to me and/or provide a url link to the information on what I need to do instead of telling me to read the wiki and research the information on my own. I don’t expect to be spoon fed, but common, help me out here a little, At the moment I am not finding this community to be very helpful…

Doug

Start with

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug

and

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Asterisk+Log+Files

it will explain how to get the logs et al. Without some rudimentary info from you, few will be able to help you.

Ok, Thank you. I’ll check out the url links you provided.

Trying to clean this reply up since it was not what you guys were looking for from the logs. Was just going to delete the reply but the message board wouldn’t let me. It’s ridiculous that I cannot delete posts or edit them the way I want to, when editing it states “try to be a little more descriptive” and has to be at least 20 characters long, what a pain in the be-hinder!

Trying to clean this reply up since it was not what you guys were looking for from the logs. Was just going to delete the reply but the message board wouldn’t let me. It’s ridiculous that I cannot delete posts or edit them the way I want to, when editing it states “try to be a little more descriptive” and has to be at least 20 characters long, what a pain in the be-hinder!

Lots of stuff, no real context, just noise, post a log of an inbound call that you believe failed, but previously state what extension you called and what that extension’s FollowMe is supposed to subsequently call.

To begin with DO NOT route the call through an IVR first

Oh Ok. Since you didn’t state exactly what you guys were looking for from the logs, I “thought” that the information I posted was what you were looking for, sorry about that. I will make the changes in the settings to bypass the IVR and make another test phone call, review the logs and see if I can find the information I think your wanting to see.

Doug

I found this in the logs, and when I seen the bold text, I realized that the issue must be in the outbound route dial plan settings.

“LIDNMBR@macro-dialout-trunk:1] NoOp(“Local/12197886518@from-internal-00000005;2”, “Dial failed due to trunk reporting Address Incomplete - giving up”) in new stack”

I “thought” I had them set correctly, but I guess not. So I went in and wiped everything out and just entered an X followed by a period and now Follow Me is working.

Thank you for the help on finding the logs to track this down. Problem resolved.
Doug