"Firmware download failed." in commercial Endpoint Manager

Howdy–

I have the commercial Endpoint Manager module, and I have been happily using it to manage ~30 Grandstream phones for a couple of years.

In the past month, when I try to update to the latest firmware by dragging the latest version number (1.15) to the Firmware Slot 1 box, I get this message after I click submit:

Firmware download failed.
Please resubmit to try again.

The error has persisted for about a month now.

With amportal dbug I get the following:

==> /var/log/asterisk/freepbx_security.log <==
[2017-02-15 08:29:16] {"display":"endpoint","view":"firmware","brand":"grandstream","slot1":"1.15","slot2":"1.12","action":"save_firmware","extdisplay":false}
OUT >
==> /var/log/asterisk/freepbx.log <==
[2017-Feb-15 08:29:16] [WARNING] (libraries/modulefunctions.legacy.php:7) - Depreciated Function module_getinfo detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/cxpanel/functions.inc.php on line 58
OUT > [2017-Feb-15 08:29:16] [WARNING] (libraries/modulefunctions.legacy.php:7) - Depreciated Function module_getinfo detected in /var/www/html/admin/modules/cxpanel/functions.inc.php on line 67

Here is my version information:

cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version
10.13.66-17

I have looked through these forums for previous mentions of this error. While there are several, none of the suggested issues/fixes appear to be relevant to this particular case.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this issue,

Jeremy.

Hi,

We are having the same issue 9 months later. Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you

Shazzam! I just went back to the firmware download screen and it appears it downloaded…

Iv’e seen it, Firmware download can sometimes take a few minutes until it’s fully completed.