Firewall Zones

Good Morning Colleagues
I hope you are doing good and safe .

I have a question related to Firewall Zones . May i know what is the difference between Trusted Zone , Local Zone , Other Zone ?

Best Regards

Have you seen this intro video? Open Source Pro Tips #2 - Firewall Basics

1 Like

Good Morning Lorne
Thx for the video . It was useful for me and helpful for basic firewall configuration/setup.

But i can’t find the answer of my question in this video . My question is, May i know what is the difference between Trusted Zone , Local Zone , Other Zone ?

Best Regards

Local and Other are defined zones for the services you have specified should be running over that zone (this is Firewall > Services) e.g. you have UCP (HTTP) set on zone ‘Local’. It means that any IP/network in the Networks tab on the Local zone will have access to (at least) this service. Same applies to the Others zone.
Then the Trusted is just to allow any type of traffic. Should be used when you know the source IP/network is fully trusted and you want to provide FULL access to the system (meaning, all services). It is used when you don’t want to go over the zones to know what service is running on which zone; so you just throw an IP/net on the Trusted zone and you know it is going to be allowed.

Thanks Santiago for your great explanation

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.