Firewall turns on by itself

i dont know if this is a bug or not, but in the installation i turned off and disabled the firewall (i have external firewall), so after the install, i add my extensions to my box, when i finish adding, i configure my sip software phones with the extension info, one software had the wrong info so i had to change it, was getting 6 lines with "chan_sip.c: Registration from ‘"matt"sip:[email protected];transport=UDP’ failed for ‘192.168.1.232:41518’ - Username/auth name mismatch, so then i went back into my extension page to get the right info, but before im able to click the page, all my other sip software unregistered from my box, i click on the extensions page and i get 192.168.1.3 is taking to long to load, i loose SSH access to my box, so then i was looking everywhere why that happend, then i checked firewall on my pbx box, (which i disabled) and some some strange reason, it turned on by itself , so i turned it off again and now i have access to everything,

so my question is, how the hell does the firewall turn on even if its disabled when i get an Username/auth name mismatch,

did you check the responsive firewall ?

It can’t just turn itself on. You must of enabled it.