Feature codes ignored

Hi there,
I do have a lab install with a couple of Yealink phones (T26 + T22) and some soft phones (X-Lite).

I do have all software up to date.

I am experiencing an issue with some feature codes that are totally and consistently ignored. So do work all the time, some never work.

The onse that do not work are :

• *8 (general call pickup)
  • ** (in call hang up)
  • *99 (direct transfer to voicemail)

I could live without the first 2, but I ma missing dearly the later.

I have “worn my eyes” on the log files but have found nothing useful.

Any help will be much appreciated, weather it a fixing or a debugging tip.

Many thanks in advance,
JM

Sorry I’ve got no direct experience of Yealink phones, but when you say “…some feature codes that are totally and consistently ignored. So do work all the time, some never work” would suggest to me that you may have conflicts whereby the FPBX feature codes may be being interpreted by the endpoints and not passed on to FPBX.

Have you tried testing all the feature codes solely with the soft phones?

Also not to tell you how to such eggs, but have you set up the callgroup(s) and pickupgroup(s) for *8 (general call pickup)?

One other thing, are you sending these codes are trying to enter them while in a call?

With a phone like the Yealink to transfer to a voicemail you want to do a blind xfer to *extnum.

Sorry, I mistyped in my poste. I meant :
“SoME do work all the time, some never work.”

I do have exactly the same behaviour with the softphone.

I have set up 2 call groups, but no pick up groups… And I am indeed trying to pick up a call from one group to the other.
You think it might be the cause?
Where can I set up pick groups ? I remember about ring groups, not pick up groups.

One other thing, are you sending these codes are trying to enter them while in a call?

With a phone like the Yealink to transfer to a voicemail you want to do a blind xfer to *extnum

Yes, most codes are incall (though “*8” is not).

Your comment re Yealink is interesting.
I am as well trying to use the BLF buttons as “one touch transfer”, but never got it working (while in a call with A, I want to press the BLF of B in order to transfer the call to him).
I will post another question about that.

When you say I sould do a blind transfer to extnum, what do you mean exatly ?
Should I press “tran-key * 2 0 2” to transfer to 202’s voicemail ?
Or "
2 * 2 0 2" ?

Many thanks for your help.

JM

trankey *202

Go to Applications, Extensions, select the required extension - about 1/2 way down you will see the boxes for callgroup and pickupgroup.

None of those feature codes work on my up to date FreePBX box either. When we updated to the new version each of those (and more) stopped working. We’re using Grandstream which had worked fine before the upgrade but haven’t worked since. I just assumed they didn’t work for anyone. I was sort of waiting on someone to post a new list of feature codes that still work. Maybe it’s just me… maybe not.

Jerry

yep, found it.

But no luck yet.

I have put all my devices in the same group, enabled call pick up, it does not work.

When pressing “*8” it says either “Forbidden” (Yealink) or “Failed to establish call” (XLite) and absolutely nothing appear in the logs (error log appears if I try to call something like “*456”)

Xfer to vmail does not work either, regardless the code I am trying ti use.

I cannot be the only one with this issue, or I do have my set up wrong…

Jerry, I hope it is an issue with configuration, not teh software :(.

How do you have the DTMF mode set?

Me? I don’t want to hijack his thread so my responses are only in case it helps him too. As they worked prior to my upgrade I feel it’s in FreePBX rather than the phone. Some feature codes DO work so it’s not as if the FreePBX isn’t “hearing” the tones from the phone.

In FreePBX (tell me where)
or on the Grandstream GXP2010 phone as below.
Disable in-call DTMF display is set to “Off” on the phone.
DTMF Payload Type: 101
Enable MPK sending DTMF: No
Send DTMF: via RTP (RFC2833)

I do have RFC2833 both sides on my setup as well, but I think DTMF works as some code (xfer, blind xfer, my voice mail, DND, etc.) do work consistently.

As off now I have only identified “in call hang up” and direct transfer to vmail that do not work.

The ones that work work consistently, the ones that don’t don’t work consistently too.

Any idea how I could debug that ?

Hi there,
my problem is still there…

Any idea or debugging tip ?

Any will be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

JM

Hi,

I’ve struggled with this problem for some time and found the solution completely by accident. For some reason, adding “#” after your extension will enable all feature codes.

So instead of entering “1000” as extension, enter “1000#” and like magic everything will work.

I really don’t understand why the codes won’t work without this addition, but this does the trick. (For me at least… :wink: )