Feature code to add another caller

Hello,

I’m pouring over existing extensions, trying to figure out how to do this, but maybe someone already has a working config. I need to define a feature code that will call a pre-defined phone number and bridge it to the existing call. I would rather not use Meetme for this.

Thanks,
Mark

There is no way to do this from within the FreePBX interface. You would have to write a custom extension in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf.

I figured that might be the case. Does anyone have a working example?

This is not the easiest thing to do. To my knowledge you can’t add in channel feature codes, you will need to blind transfer the call to your application.

Your application will have to note the channel the call was transferred in on and then join that channel to the destination you have programmed.

You might get lucky and someone may have an example.

Okay. Ultimately, here’s what I need to do. I need the ability to dial in a recording with an audio message that starts immediately, and bridge it to a call I’m currently on. I once tried putting the other party into a meetme conference, hanging up and dialing the presentation, transferring it to the conference, then dialing in myself.

What a pain. It was so much easier with a simple 3-way-calling option with my old phone company.

Isn’t there a way to achieve this?

I would even settle for a way to do this in a meetme conference, as long as I don’t have to do it by hand every time.

Why don’t you toss a bounty out for a couple of hundred bucks. I am sure someone would pick it up and write this for you.