FAX received from PSTN line but tiff file is only 8 byes and does not contain the sent document

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and this is my first message.
I installed latest FreePBX 14 and after configuring all the needed configuration for the FAX to work I can see that that the FAX is received by the PBX but the email is not sent to the FAX user email.

One thing that I could see is that the tiff files created under /var/spool/asterisk/fax/ directory are very small (8 bytes) and looks like these files does not proper tiff files that contains the FAX.
I can see these tiff files are created after I see ReceiveFax message in the full log, for example:
[2018-10-14 00:56:03] VERBOSE[29741][C-00000015] pbx.c: Executing [s@ext-fax:4] ReceiveFAX(“DAHDI/2-1”, “/var/spool/asterisk/fax/1539467762.21.tif,f”) in new stack

Does anyone know what could be the reason the tiff files are not created properly.
I might missed something in the configuration but I am playing with it quite some time without being able to identify what is the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,
Eli

Checking more time figured from /var/log/maillog the problem I had is that the email was rejected by gmail servers my IP was not known email server IP.
To solve that I used gmail as my relay server and this was successful.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.