Fax confirmation email-never receiving it

I have in and out fax working. No problems. But when sending a fax, it never sends the confirmation email even when the fax goes through. I have checked everything and can’t figure it out. It sends the fax out via the email account I set up in Webmin/SMTP Authentication.

Thank you in advance!

The server in question
I have FreePBX Core 2.11.0.20 with Asterisk 11.2.1 (Asterisk 11.2.1 built by root @ 237-138-19-10.digium.internal on a i686 running Linux on 2013-03-06 18:56:51 UTC) The only editing I have done at the CLI level was to some of the .conf files, as directed by instructions, to get the Digium Free Fax License to work.

My background
Although I have 25 years experience in I.T. and my own I.T. corporation, I just got into FreePBX in January 2014 using the FreePBX distro. Despite being new, I have probably accumulated about 200 hours of experience on the FreePBX system. I have set up two FreePBX servers (one 32 bit and one 64 bit) and learned about every feature of the base FreePBX, a few add-on supported modules, and even set up the free Digium Fax License on both servers (that by far was the most difficult process I had to do on FreePBX.) I have set up custom inbound routes that route my cell phone to a “the system is working” message so I can check on my systems. The only thing I have not gotten into is auto provisioning. Finally, I have set up about 20 Yealink T20 and T28 phones. (BTW, I really like the Yealink phones on both the user and admin level. Other than setting the custom graphic on the T28, these phones are super easy to configure.)

Try:

echo “THIS IS A TEST” | mailx -s “TEST” [email protected]

Replacing [email protected] with a valid email
Also check your spam box.

Looks like the forum software wrapped the text. It is all 1 line.

I tried your command to two different email address I have and it worked instantly.

Oh, and I am having this issue on two separate servers in two separate locations, on two separate Verizon FIOS accounts.

BTW, since I am on Verizon Fios and they don’t allow you to set up an outgoing mail server (at least, not easily), I route all outgoing through a gmail account by setting it up in Webmin/Postmail/SMTP authentication. And that is the route the echo tests took (the emails show they came from that account). I don’t see anything in my SPAM or JUNK folders either. Any more ideas? Thanks for the help.

I bet its something with Fax for Asterisk. Everything we built Fax Pro for was ontop of SPANDSP not fax for asterisk.

I am having the exact same issue, did you ever find a solution? Faxes send fine, but no confirmation is sent and ECHO’ing a test email works.

No, the problem has not been resolved. I really wish I could find the issue, but it sounds like a bug in the program.