Fatal Error During Backup

i’m trying to do a classic run backup, install set up new server with FreePBX 16 (currently on FreePBX 15) and then restore the backup to upgrade our FreePBX version. the bakup has a fatal error though, with the GUI complaining about a file that’s missing. i included the last part of the log form the backup where the error was encountered:

Exclude Greeeting ?no
Exclude VMRecords ?no
Exporting Feature Codes from voicemail
Exporting Advanced settings from voicemail
	Adding directory to tar: /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/208
	Adding directory to tar: /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/207
	Adding directory to tar: /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/201
	Adding file to tar: files/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/202/Old/msg0001.wav

In FileInfo.php line 53:

/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/202/Old/msg0001.wav does not exist  

backup [--backup BACKUP] [--externbackup EXTERNBACKUP] [--dumpextern DUMPEXTERN] [--transaction TRANSACTION] [--list] [--warmspare] [--implemented] [--filestore FILESTORE] [--restore RESTORE] [--restorelegacycdr] [--ignoremodules IGNOREMODULES] [--modules MODULES] [--restoresingle RESTORESINGLE] [--backupsingle BACKUPSINGLE] [--singlesaveto SINGLESAVETO] [--b64import B64IMPORT] [--fallback] [--useinfiledb] [--skiprestorehooks] [--skipbindport] [--skipdns] [--skipremotenat] [--skiptrunksandroutes]

now, i’m not a CLI ninja, but when i open the console and cd myself to the directory in question, the file is indeed there. is my config corrupt or what’s going on?

jared

Do you need to keep that message? I would try and delete it and run the backup again without it if you don’t need to keep it.

Alternatively run ls -al for the file listing to show you the file permissions on that file.

i’m not sure if i did it correctly, but this is what it returned:

That’s a symlink to a file that no longer exists. Not sure how you got that, just remove the symlink.

rm -f msg0001.wav

why do you even know stuff like that? what is wrong with you? does your brain have a USB port? :smiley:
backup finished now. the warnings below were returned for modules that we are not using, which i assume is ok, right?

Finished Cleaning up
Finished created backup file: 20240319-103352-1710862432-15.0.37-413876948.tar.gz
Performing Local Maintenance
Finished Local Maintenance
Performing Remote Maintenance
Finished Remote Maintenance
Saving to selected Filestore locations
	Saving to: FTP:'FS1' instance ,File location: /PBX/20240319-103352-1710862432-15.0.37-413876948.tar.gz 
Finished Saving to selected Filestore locations
There were warnings during the backup process
	Could not backup module iotserver because it is not enabled
	The module callback returned no data, No backup created
	The module callerid returned no data, No backup created
	The module calllimit returned no data, No backup created
	The module conferencespro returned no data, No backup created
	The module phonebook returned no data, No backup created
	The module setcid returned no data, No backup created

I’ve been doing it for a while!

Yea, if you are not using the modules then there is no data to be backed up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.