Fatal Error after updates

I uploaded the updates 24 hours ago, so this may be unrelated. When i try to login on the gui for administration, i get the following message. FATAL ERROR
UPDATE notifications SET level = 500, display_text = ‘Default SQL Password Used’, extended_text = ‘You are using the default SQL password that is widely known, you should set a secure password’, link = ‘’, reset = 0, candelete = 0, timestamp = 1237517250 WHERE module = ‘core’ AND id = ‘AMPDBPASS’ [nativecode=126 ** Incorrect key file for table ‘./asterisk/notifications.MYI’; try to repair it]SQL -
UPDATE notifications SET level = 500, display_text = ‘Default SQL Password Used’, extended_text = ‘You are using the default SQL password that is widely known, you should set a secure password’, link = ‘’, reset = 0, candelete = 0, timestamp = 1237517250 WHERE module = ‘core’ AND id = ‘AMPDBPASS’

I am still able to use other parts of the gui.

Exactly what do you mean uploaded updates? you downloaded a newer version of FreePBX and installed it? you went into the Modules admin and downloaded the new modules that were tagged as updatable?

The errors are saying that at least one MySQL table is not good. It’s possibly corrupted or didn’t upgrade properly if you just changed major versions. That table does not get structural changes between minor version updates so if all you did for example was update from 2.5.0.3 to 2.5.1.2 then it would be a corruption issue.

this is unlikely to have anything to do with FreePBX, the error could not have been generated from anything that is done whether minor or major updates. You need to look into repairing your MySQL tables, something got corrupted. googling for info on the MySQL site should help find out how to address this.

Thanks for the feedback. The only updates I did were the most recent to 2.5.1.6. I also don’t think it was a problem with the updates, rather a problem with the newbie installing them?!

Is it possible that the corruption could be caused by installing all the updates except “Core”? I think moving the files as described in the changelog and the big WARNING made this newb subconsciously chicken-out. Oddly, after a long reboot, the system gui seems to be back. I ave since updated “Core”, and am trying to move the files as described.