Failed to authenticate error on freepbx extensions

I have successfully setup my freepbx distro, and extensions are registered successfully on my LAN and working fine

However, intermittently some of the phones spit these errors in the CLI and my fail2ban blocks them.

NOTICE[6242]: res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:676 log_failed_request: Request ‘SUBSCR IBE’ from ‘sip:[email protected]’ failed for ‘10.100.60.46:5060’ (callid: 848a8d68-45d8000b-79b4
(201 is correct, but I wonder where it is getting the Callid from)

I have to unblock them manually to get them to register again. The are fine for some hours and this repeats itself.

I can’t seem to find where they are getting this parameters from, because the phone is configured and fully registered already on freepbx.
NB: the phones are cisco 7811 and 8865 models.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Everyone.

Any thought please??

Call-ID is not caller ID.

Maybe they are trying to subscribe to an unknown extension? What is the contents of the subscribe request?

Registering tells the PABX where to send incoming calls. Registration is not a log on. Outgoing calls and requests may still need to be authenticated. However, the error is not about authentication.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.