Fail2ban version issues

I am running FreePBX 15.0.23.17.

Even though I have configured fail2ban to permanently ban IP’s in intrusion detection by setting the ban time to -1, every time I restart freebpx, all the banned IPs are gone, and then it starts banning them again one by one.

I’ve been told that fail2ban v0.9 or greatest uses sqlite3 for it’s datastore so it won’t remove the banned IPs after a restart.

When I run fail2ban-client -V I get this
Fail2Ban v0.8.14

When I run yum info fail2ban I get this

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, versionlock
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Available Packages
Name        : fail2ban
Arch        : noarch
Version     : 0.11.1
Release     : 9.el7.2
Size        : 15 k
Repo        : sng-epel/7-8.2003.3.el7.sangoma/x86_64
Summary     : Daemon to ban hosts that cause multiple authentication errors
URL         : http://fail2ban.sourceforge.net/
License     : GPLv2+
Description : Fail2Ban scans log files and bans IP addresses that makes too many password
            : failures. It updates firewall rules to reject the IP address. These rules can
            : be defined by the user. Fail2Ban can read multiple log files such as sshd or
            : Apache web server ones.
            :
            : Fail2Ban is able to reduce the rate of incorrect authentications attempts
            : however it cannot eliminate the risk that weak authentication presents.
            : Configure services to use only two factor or public/private authentication
            : mechanisms if you really want to protect services.
            :
            : This is a meta-package that will install the default configuration.  Other
            : sub-packages are available to install support for other actions and
            : configurations.

So there are 2 problems here. One is the system shows 2 different veersions of fail2ban, and second, how can I upgrade fail2ban so I can get to a version that permanently bans IP addresses even after a system restart?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.