FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Fail2Ban no Jails


(Matthew Jensen) #1

This is strange. I’ve been working with Fail2Ban on a few servers, trying to get it to monitor another service. I’ve gotten that figured out, and it has worked on most of them. But I was adding it to another server, and I ran fail2ban-client status. Only to find that there are no jails. I don’t believe the stuff I changed made any difference to this becuase it has worked on other servers, and I’ve tried removing all of my changes to no avail.

I updated all of the modules, hoping that would solve it. But no. I checked and all of the jails appear in jail.local, and they are enabled. I’ve tried fwconsole restart. I’ve tried a total reboot. I’m running out of ideas.

Also, on a likely unrelated note, whenever I restart the server, I get a message on the dashboard beside asterisk and a red flame “unable to find asterisk results.” And I have to do another fwconsole restart. And that isn’t limited to only this server. A few of mine exhibit this behavior.


(Matthew Jensen) #2

Sorry. I figured out that I hadn’t updated fail2ban. I was thinking it was somehow linked to the system admin module, and that by updating that, I was ensuring an up-to-date fail2ban. But I realized my mistake after I found out that I had this problem: https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-15440

After running system updates, it appears to work fine.

It also appears that the “unable to find asterisk results” problems appears to be solved now too. I’ll come back on a new thread if I find it cropping up again.


(system) #3

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.