Has anyone been able to reset one of these? I reset the config and can access the menus to change to FTP but when it boots back up, it reverts back. Web gui is also disabled. How can I factory reset it?
how are you doing a factory reset? it’s possible that whatever provider originally provisioned the phone has custom firmware so that you need to do more than just factory reset.
- Power cycle the phone.
- Press Cancel soft key during the boot process.
- During the countdown, press and hold the following dial pad keys simultaneously until the password prompt appears:
- IP 335, 560, 5000, and 7000: 1 , 3 , 5 , 7
- Enter the MAC ID of the phone. (The MAC ID/address should be visible on a label on the underside of the phone.)
- Note: For letters in lower case use ( a → 1A ) * for the period # for the /
- Press OK .
You can do that to make sure that you are actually properly doing a factory reset.
You can also look at voipt2.polycom.com for firmware and point the phone to the right version for your model if needed.
This works and I can get in with the MAC. It resets configuration. When the phone boots in 456 still does not work in advanced settings. I assume I need that to actually factory reset this phone. The web gui is also disabled so I cannot upgrade the FW
This is a factory reset. I’ve never had a problem with accessing the admin configuration after performing this step.
What you can try is use DHCP Option 66 to point to a config file that points to a directory that holds standard Polycom firmware.
I finally got it but what a nightmare. Probably due to the age. I had to download the UC software, updater and bootrom and put in the \tftpboot then I had to use option 160 with FTP. Once I had all the files, it updated.
This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.