External call error when using FM/FM, Misc Destinations and call forwarding

Hey everyone,

New to FreePBX and I am having an error when attempting to forward calls to a Cell Phone using any of the above methods. I am able to make and receive calls on the system with any issues. I’ve also tried using ring groups to achieve this, however every time I receive a voice error message from the PBX saying Error 201 and the call drops. No matter how I set it up I am getting the same error.

I am using Clearly IP SIP Trunking, not sure what other information you might need to assist me so please do let me know.

Extremely grateful for any help you can provide.

FreePBX has no such announcement. I’m guessing that it came from the trunking provider.

This is probably a caller ID issue. By default, all of these methods attempt to send the caller ID of the original caller. The format may be wrong (I believe that ClearlyIP requires an initial 1 for US or CA numbers). Or, they may not permit sending a number that’s not yours (some providers require a supplementary agreement before allowing this).

To confirm this, in Follow Me, set Change External CID Configuration to Outside Calls Fixed CID Value and enter your main company number, starting with 1.

If you still have trouble, paste the Asterisk log for a failed call at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here.

I’m not sure if what you posted was the fix, but I was told that I didn’t have enough call paths in my ClearlyIP subscription. I asked for three and they only gave me one so by adding the other two seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you for the help Stewart!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.