Thank you Tom for your input.
I corrected the escape character (the backslash) in the dial plan, but it didn’t make any difference.
Of course it must be the way you stated. The original
[sub-diversion-header] context also is featured with the escape character prior to the semi-colon.
Till today I always initiated the Call Forwarding function by hitting the following keys on my deskphone (it is a Grandstream GXP 1630 model): *720171987654321#
Where 0171987654321 is the mobile number where the ingoing call shall be forwarded to.
It never worked due to the diversion header issue we’re talking about in this thread.
Now I made an interesting experience playing around with the FreePBX’s “FollowMe” feature that is part of every extension’s confugration options within the Web GUI.
First I created a “Misc Destination” including the mobile number where to redirect to, then I set it on my extension’s “Find Me / Follow Me” tab at “Destinations” (bottom of the configuration page).
Having disabled the call forwarding on the telephone (i.e. *73# ) I performed a test call from external to my extension.
The call will be forwarded to the mobile number I configured as “Misc Destination”!
Investigating the diversion header in the SIP trace, it shows what Vodafone support told me how it should look like:
- The failing call forwarding configured by the Grandstream telephone seems to be an issue between the telephone and the FreePBX.
- Vodafone support didn’t lie to me (at least this time)
This would be an acceptable workaround to make call forwardings possible at all, if there wouldn’t be another issue now:
Having perfomed three or four test calls where all of them succeeded, now I cannot hear anything anymore.
Call is being forwarded like before to the mobile device, but you cannot hear a dialing tone and when the participant on the forwarded device takes the call, both ofthem cannot hear each other.
Some time later: I rebooted the deskphone and the FreePBX server, I deleted and recreated both the extension and its inbound route used for the call forwarding test and now there is again a different behaviour:
- I hear the dial tone
- The call is being forwarded
- If the participant on the forwarded mobile device takes the call, he cannot hear anything
- On the caller’s mobile phone you still can hear the dialing tone. It seems that the caller’s device didn’t get knowledge that someone took the call.