extensions_additional.conf template

Hi,

I need to change recording file name syntax from qWHATEVER-WHATEVER-TIMESTAMP-SOMETHING.wav and include caller’s telephone number into. I have done that, but after reloading all changes are gone. I was trying to look for the template for this file, I haven’t found it :(. I have found a class which probably creates this file but I cannot find proper syntax or lines to change to what I want to.

Can anyone help ? Or maybe there is faster and easier way to do it rather than messing around in the PHP code ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

As has ben stated about a billion times here over the last several years, you can’t edit the “additional” files. They are regenerated from the sql database each time there is a reload. Put your changes in the “custom” files.

There have also been literally hundreds of entries here concerning changing the name of the recorded files.

i am not at all sure of the wisdom of playing around with the core code base in light of this comment:

I have found a class which probably creates this file but I cannot find proper syntax or lines to change to what I want to.

the direct answer to the question is that the template to generate the extensions_additional.conf file is in /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php

if you search for “CALLFILENAME” you will find the code that sets the name of the file.

Realize that playing with this file …as soon as there is an upgrade to freePBX this will all get over written and you will have to go in and perform your surgery again.

Also beware of the many unintended consequences because there are several other places in the system that are depending on this naming convention to find recordings etc so other you may well find other features broken.

You now have the sword - try not to cut yourself with it.

Thank you for your reply. I’m aware of all troubles related with changing core file. However it would be nice to see this as a custom feature hold in the database :). So you can decide what is the syntax for your files.

I know why I haven’t found it. I was greping “CALLFILENAME=q” whereas syntax inside looks like “CALLFILENAME’,'q…”.

Sorry for keeping you busy ;).

Regards.