Extension Routing not working

Outbound routes are accessible regardless of being in the permitted list.

I have a trunk configured, and an outbound route for it. In the ‘Additional Settings’ section of the outbound route, all extensions are listed. Calls in and out work fine.

I remove myself from the list of permitted users, and into the blocked extensions section. save and apply changes and make an outbound call from that extension using that route and trunk.

The call goes through.

This seems like incorrect behaviour.

Am I misunderstanding the use of this feature, and is there a way I can diagnose/resolve it?

no fault found.
I traced the issue to a few lines of dial code further down in the _custom file.

exten => _X.,1,NoOp(Do Not Disturb: ${SIPPEER(${CHANNEL(peername)},donotdisturb)})
exten => _X.,1,Set(SIPPEER(${CHANNEL(peername)},donotdisturb)=yes);
exten => _X.,1,Set(SIPPEER(${CHANNEL(peername)},donotdisturb)=no);

These little buggers were picked up from http://docs.acsdata.co.nz/asterisk-cisco/sippeer-options.shtml and were not supposed to be in the file beyond experimenting. As those codes match any dialled number, the correct dialplan flow was not being followed.

With them removed, the outbound route is inaccessible when required.

Now you know what support deals with on a daily basis when people are SURE it’s a FreePBX issue :wink:

Part of my job is support!
But yeah, it’s good to know I’m fallible too!