Extension not registering(Error 408 Timeout)

Hello,

Kindly point me in the right direction.I have the following setup.

Softphone --> Dsiprouter --> Freepbx

Each one of these is seating on a different public ip address.I have chan_sip extension on Freepbx.When i register my softphone, it returns error 408.
Sngrep tool shows that packets from the softphone indeed reaches the dsiprouter server.tcpdump on the Freepbx interface also indicates that packets from the dsiprouter hits the server.Both ports 5060/5160 are open Freepbx server but somehow the extension is not registering.

At this point i’m clueless.Pointers are appreciated.
Thanks

For 'Pass Through routing", have you seen

https://dsiprouter.readthedocs.io/en/latest/use-cases.html#freepbx-hosting-pass-thru-authentication

?

Does anything appear in the Asterisk log when the softphone attempts to register? If so, post that.

If not, confirm that REGISTER requests are seen by tcpdump at the PBX.

If so, it’s likely that FreePBX firewall is blocking the request. Turn it off for test, or examine IP tables to see whether requests are being blocke.

If not, this is a dsiprouter issue.

I would also encourage you to use chan_pjsip and drop chan_sip as a viable option

Actual i followed that use case.I was convinced (I could be totally wrong) it has something to do with networking at this point.!

I will give pjsip a shot.

kick sngrep into gear , do that on both the router and the FreePBX box

While I agree that pjsip is a better choice, IMO you shouldn’t take pot shots at the problem, given that you have the tools to see what is actually going wrong.

Luckily sngrep is catholic , it will help you analyse ANY SIP stack you are using and Kamailio uses neither chan_pjsip nor chan_sip nor even sofia, yet it can happily converse with all the above

The asterisk logs do not show the extension trying to register.I have had a marathon run at this.

I have attached the dsiprouter sngrep results.

iptables -L -n --line-numbers | grep Freepbx returns nothing also.

You are sending the REGISTERs on port 5060 to “679@snowden” ?

Is “snowden” a routable destination for your DSipRouter box ?

Do you have any rules in your iptables that exactly match FreePBX?

No, that would be the domain to for freepbx behind dsiprouter.

routeable destination is defined under outbound proxy.I might be mistaken.

So the answer is No, It is not routeable ;-), back to the FM . . .

when you can successfully netcat -zvu your.domain 5060 you can move forward.

Please post the REGISTER request being sent to FreePBX (or better, received at FreePBX).

Confirm that no entries at all appear in /var/log/asterisk/full when the extension attempts to register.

Confirm that you have turned off FreePBX Firewall for testing, or post the output of
iptables -vnL

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 254K packets, 67M bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
25678 2419K f2b-sshd tcp – * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 multi port dports 22

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 257K packets, 50M bytes)

Chain f2b-sshd (1 references)
311 16077 REJECT all – * * 189.224.100.234 0.0.0.0/0 rejec t-with icmp-port-unreachable
19 1664 REJECT all – * * 222.186.30.76 0.0.0.0/0 rejec t-with icmp-port-unreachable
19 1084 REJECT all – * * 175.125.14.161 0.0.0.0/0 rejec t-with icmp-port-unreachable
26 1928 REJECT all – * * 218.56.11.236 0.0.0.0/0 rejec t-with icmp-port-unreachable
32 2324 REJECT all – * * 60.249.82.121 0.0.0.0/0 rejec t-with icmp-port-unreachable
17 1064 REJECT all – * * 222.186.42.13 0.0.0.0/0 rejec t-with icmp-port-unreachable
20331 2083K RETURN all – * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

That’s not your problem, how do you route from the DSipRouter to your FreePBX known as “snowden” ? What does “snowden” think it’s hostname is ? and is that hostname available on the internet?

iptables looks good, so let’s see the REGISTER request as it arrives at the PBX.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.