Extension.config

hello…i new to asterisk…i have installed asterisk in my local machine in linux…i have also installed a virtual computer…virtualbox in this system…i than installed 2 twinkle phones…one in my local machine and other in the virtual machine…and i have registered them both with asterisk…there exists a problem which is that i am able to call from virtual machine to local machine and they both connect but when i try to call from host machine to virtual machine it does not work…
following are my sip.config and extension.config files…here billy is in host machine and blaine is in virtual machine…

sip.config:

[general]
context=default
allowoverlap=no
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes

[blaine]
type=friend
context=phones
host=dynamic

[billy]
type=friend
context=phones
host=dynamic

extension.config:

[globals]

[general]
autofallthrough=yes

[default]
exten => s,1,Verbose(1|Unrouted call handler)
exten => s,n,Answer()
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Playback(tt-weasels)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

[incoming_calls]

[internal]
exten => s,1,Verbose(1|Echo test application)
exten => s,n,Echo()
exten => s,n,Hangup()

exten => 1000,1,Verbose(1|Extension 1000)
exten => 1000,n,Dial(SIP/billy,30)
exten => 1000,n,Hangup()

exten => 1002,1,Verbose(1|Extension 1002)
exten => 1002,n,Dial(SIP/blaine,30)
exten => 1002,n,Hangup()

[phones]
include => internal
include => default

here’s your first hint (well second, SkykingOH has given you the first)

Load a scratch system with Asterisk and NO FreePBX.

If your assignment involves doing raw Asterisk dialplan, you are going to make your task horribly complicated by using FreePBX which expects a VERY different and unique set of configurations and will do nothing but get in your way of any instructions or raw information that will come from almost any book on the subject.

FreePBX is designed to allow extensive customization, but given your level of knowledge, it’s going to get in the way more then help you at this stage.

i know that dude that is what i did…but i am stuck in this problem atleast …can u pin point where am i mistaking in configuring both phones…!!!1

FreePBX is a GUI, why did you configure the files by hand?

yeah…i know but this is my task and i have to finish it…

any ideas whats wrong with the code???am really stuck

I am not generally fond of doing someone’s homework. I assume this is a school assignment.

Without a call trace it’s impossible to know what is wrong.

yes…think of it as an assignment…what do you mean by call trace…am sorry i didn’t get u…

I think you should do your own homework. Start by learning how to read the Asterisk logs and debug your issue.

Second, this is your assignment. How is asking an expert to solve your problem going to teach you anything?

Learning how to solve problems is more important than the task itself.