Extension becomes unavailable

I’m brand new to Freepbx. I have setup a VPS online for a test box.
Asterisk version 13.16.0

I have setup a SIP trunk and am able to make make and receive calls.

I have purchased a Polycom vx411 phone and setup a X-Lite on my desktop for testing.

I’m finding that my polycom becomes unreachable after 1-2 minutes of being idle. Whenever I try to call it, the caller receives 3 rings and it goes to voicemail. The polycom itself never rings. If I route that same call to X-lite, X-lite rings as it should.

if I try calling the polycom from x-lite it too goes to voicemail after 3 rings.

The polycom only appears to accept incoming calls after it first boots OR after I make an outgoing call. It then appears to have 1-2 minutes of life to receive a call.

My Freepbx is on the internet, and my 2 phones are on my LAN behind a sonicwall firewall. I also tried to take the phone and plug it directly into my cable modem router to bypass the sonicwall and it does the same thing.

I’ve been doing a lot of reading. I double checked DND. I’ve recreated the extension. Rebooted the server & phone. Currently my asterisk info > peers reads like this:

Endpoint: 201/201 Unavailable 0 of inf
InAuth: 201-auth/201
Aor: 201 1
Contact: 201/sip:[email protected]:14884 11d67680d7 Unavail 0.000
Identify: 201-identify/201

Logs. The /var/log/asterisk/full log should be tracking when the phones become active and when they die.

Please check Your NAT settings in SIP extension settings. Also post the output of sip set debug on .

It appears 1 minute after its reachable

[2017-10-16 19:53:31] VERBOSE[4137] res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c: Contact 201/sip:[email protected]:14884 is now Reachable. RTT: 45.069 msec
[2017-10-16 19:54:34] VERBOSE[4137] res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c: Contact 201/sip:[email protected]:14884 is now Unreachable. RTT: 0.000 msec

Thanks, I’m looking at it, and nat=yes. IP Config is static IP. I’m thinking that nat should be NO, and IP config should be Public IP since I’m just running it on a VPS witha public facing IP, no nat?

DO you have firewall on ? i had this issue when my firewall was configured wrong . are you using chan_sip or pjsip