Extension 3xx

I installed FreePbx 2.4.0.0 with asterisk 1.4.20.1
I need to create extension with numbers 3xx.
I can create it, but as soon as I try to call them, I receive an 603 Declined error.
If I just change te extension number (e.g. 4xx) everything works.
Why?
Is the 3xx extensions reserved?
Ho can I change the service that reserve it to another code, so I can use it.
Thanks.

Andrea

There’s no reason extensions in the 3xx range would not work with FreePBX. However, if you installed from someone’s “have a working PBX in under an hour” distribution, they may have set it up so that the 3xx range is used for some feature (such as Parking Lot). First thing to do would be to ask in their forum what 3xx is reserved for, then either disable that feature or change the number range it uses. You could also look in the generated dial plan (etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf) and see if you can find where calls in the 3xx range are being sent - that may give you some clue. Failing that, also look in the other files that start with etc/asterisk/extensions… (particularly etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf). Note that other software on the system may be claiming a piece of Asterisk’s dial plan for their own uses and they may have installed files that begin with etc/asterisk/extensions… and one or more of those files may contain dial plan fragments that override what you are trying to do. Don’t delete them (unless you are SURE you know what you are doing) but do find the piece of software that created them and change the settings there, or try modifying the extension range in the file itself if all else fails.

By the way, you are probably looking for lines that start with exten => _3 followed by something. Typical forms might include:

exten => 300, … (if individual extensions are specified)
exten => _3XX, …
exten => _3X., …
exten => _3., …

(Note the underscore on lines that include patterns to match).

I installed Asterisk@Home.

I found this in my extensions_additional.conf
Is this the problem?
Thanks.

Andrew

[app-dictate-send]
include => app-dictate-send-custom
exten => *35,1,Answer
exten => *35,n,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => *35,n,Noop(CallerID is ${AMPUSER})
exten => *35,n,Set(DICTENABLED=${DB(AMPUSER/${AMPUSER}/dictate/enabled)})
exten => *35,n,GotoIf($[$[“x${DICTENABLED}”=“x”]|$[“x${DICTENABLED}”=“xdisabled”]]?nodict:dictok)
exten => *35,n(nodict),Playback(feature-not-avail-line)
exten => *35,n,Hangup
exten => *35,n(dictok),Read(DICTFILE,enter-filename-short,)
exten => *35,n,Set(DICTEMAIL=${DB(AMPUSER/${AMPUSER}/dictate/email)})
exten => *35,n,Set(DICTFMT=${DB(AMPUSER/${AMPUSER}/dictate/format)})
exten => *35,n,Set(NAME=${DB(AMPUSER/${AMPUSER}/cidname)})
exten => *35,n,Playback(dictation-being-processed)
exten => *35,n,System(/var/lib/asterisk/bin/audio-email.pl --file /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/dictate/${AMPUSER}/${DICTFILE}.raw --attachment dict-${DICTFILE} --format ${DICTFMT} --to ${DICTEMAIL} --subject “Dictation from ${NAME} Attached”)
exten => *35,n,Playback(dictation-sent)
exten => *35,n,Macro(hangupcall,)