Excessive busy signal when door phone hangs up

I’m using a Bogen ADP1 on an FXS port for a door phone.
It does what it’s supposed to, calling a ring group when you push a button, or you can call it from another extension.

But, when you hang up, the door phone gives a busy signal for 1-1/2 minutes before finally going off hook.

Context:
[Bogen ADP1]
exten => s,1,Dial(LOCAL/5002@from-internal) ; ring group 5002
exten => s,1,Hangup()

In Extensions, 1001 (the door phone) I tried setting busy detect to yes and the number to 3.
It didn’t make any difference.

I’m running Current Asterisk Version: 13.19.1

Thanks
Jeff

First change this to s,n,

And why do you need it to go through this context? Why can’t you just have it call the ring group directly?

Well regarding Bogen Adt it seems supports CPC control signal and Asterisk dahdi channels also it seems support disconnect signaling “according to Digium analog hardware card (fxoks use kewlstart signaling)”.
So question is how is your Bogen Adt is interconnected with FreePBX and try it and if not solved, you should look by modified onto door phone according to Bogen Adt installation and user manual “Timer / Timer Duration POT - The ADP1 can be configured to automatically disconnect a call after a preset amount of time has elapsed. The timer can be set between 15 seconds and 2 minutes.”

1 Like

exten => s,1,Hangup() was a typo. It really is exten => s,n,Hangup()

“And why do you need it to go through this context?”

It was Dicko who told me to do so.

“The ADP1 can be configured to automatically disconnect a call after a preset amount of time has elapsed. The timer can be set between 15 seconds and 2 minutes.”

That fixed it. The timer was set to almost 2 minutes, and my typical “push the button, eat the banana” test was usually 10 second or less, hence the 1-1/2 minutes of dial tone.

The worst thing that can happen, is if the UPS driver is long winded, I can always call him back if he still needs to talk.

Thank you.

Jeff

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.