Exception - died in splice macro-dialout-trunk s

This is my first post and I’m seeking help.

I have a PRI trunk set and I can receive external calls. The issue is encountered when setting up Outbound Routes - If I add my set PRI trunk into “Outbound Routes”, “Trunk Sequence for Matched Routers” → Submit → Apply Config. I get the error message “Unknown Error. Please Run: fwconsole reload --verbose”.

However, I get “died in splice macro-dialout-trunk s” once I run that command. May I have your advises on how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks!

1 Like

I want to say this was fixed in the latest (maybe edge) allowlist. Essentially it is referencing a route that doesn’t exist. I would make sure that module is up to date.

Hey James,

Thanks for the reply. Is the module you’re referring to “Extension Routes” module??

-Ted

It’s the AllowList module. Update from edge using

fwconsole ma upgrade allowlist --edge

and see if that resolves the issue. There is a fix committed, but I don’t know if it’s been published yet.

1 Like

Hey Lorne, James,

I have confirmed that I have the latest AllowList (16.0.2) and using the command above produced the following:

Is there a workaround that can be done to bypass this issue? Can I downgrade this or disable it?
Thanks again for your help.

-Ted

Okay, I will track that down. In the near term you can work around it by disabling allowlist or adding outbound route/trunk:

fwconsole ma disable allowlist

edit - I see what happened. I made the commit to fix this issue here, but later figured out that the test was insufficient. I need to revisit how this is done and never got back to it. I will prioritize that.

3 Likes

Thanks Lorne!

Hey Igaetz,

Just want to update you - I had a DAHDi PRI set but I mistakenly created a DUNDi Trunk and used it in my created Outbound Route. That was probably why I encountered the error message and I realized what James meant when he mentioned that a route does not exist. Perhaps this is not really a bug but just an unclear error message. :grinning:

Thanks for the promptly response and I will mark one of the messages as a solution.

-Ted

Spent some time looking at this afternoon. Whatever is going on with PRI trunks and allowlist ver. 16.0.2, I’m unable to repro the issue. It’s not what I first thought it was when I replied above.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.