Eth0: Link is down

in the messages file there is nothing after 3am.
In the full log from 8 to 11 I can find no errors or warnings. at 11:05 there is this
[2017-04-08 11:05:42] WARNING[1953] func_cdr.c: CDR requires a value (CDR(variable)=value)

and I’d say that’s about when I noticed inbound not working.

Is your external IP address changing causing the disconnect or your upnp firewall in your router closing the ports due to inactivity. Seems to me like an internet router issue and not a pbx issue

same static IP for nearly 10 years. When this happens I still have GUI access and can still ping the server. Making an outbound call fixes the inbound issue. It seems as though everything other than inbound still works and nothing not even rebooting is guaranteed to fix it. But an outbound fixes it. Also the same switch and router I’ve been using for many years. Have been running a phone server for 7 or 8 years. This one in particular for 6 months or a year. As far as I know this just started happening recently.

Hey. I just bypassed the switch which I never used to use. I thought that I had always used the switch, but just found direct cabling to where the server used to be located. So I’ve routed that cable to where the server lives now and have re-established a direct connection to the router. I had forgotten about that

It’s been three hours now and inbound is still working. That’s not to say that it will keep working, but it is for now and that’s a good thing. I’ll of course continue checking on the inbound until later this evening and then throughout the day tomorrow. I’ll post back with results.

Thank You all so much for your help with this.

John

EDIT 7:30 pm. So far so good.

Must have been the workgroup switch. The server is still getting inbound calls and has had no other issues.

Unless the issue arises again this will be my last update. There have been no problems with inbound calls since getting away from the workgroup switch.

Did you disable the onboard NIC on the motherboard? If you are not using it it should be disabled

I have not disabled it. Nothing is plugged into it though if that matters. Do I want to disable the on board NIC in bios or via PBX GUI?

Also -> Still No Issues!! :slight_smile: It’s been working great and I’m lovin’ it!