Error when calling a number

Hi, I am very very new to FREEPBX , i setup on an external VPS server yesterday,

After much hard time, i’ve successfully connected my extension to Xlite , but when i call a number, nothing rings and there is a red error message : “number not found”.

I think its number manipulation rules problem this is my config :

• 1 + NXXNXXXXXX
  • 1NXXNXXXXXX

Ps : i am calling French number so i enter +33 before number in Xlite.

Thanks if you successfully help me :slight_smile:

You need to check with your VoIP provider which number format to send so they will accept your call, for example sometimes they need the +, sometimes they don’t.

With that information, create your outbound routes accordingly.

Okay i’ll ask them, the outbound rules config they give for free pbx is :

*X.
	XXXXXXXX.

I tried with “06” or “+336”, nothing works, if you can help me in private with screens (or if i give you admin logs) i can pay you if you want, it would help me so much !

I can help you for sure, no need to pay. Just first talk to your provider and ask them the exact format they expect for the outbound call numbers.

I sent them a mail, i tell you when i receive the anwser, thanks for all, am sure my Xlite problem is from there cause my extension is connected :slight_smile:

The support anwsered me , this is the exact message :

"Starting with country code. 33xxxxxxxxx "

So there are 2 options. You either dial the full number no matter whether you want to call a local, national or international number, or you dial just the local or national number and let the outbound route prepend the missing digits. Does your country have a dialing plan that can be consistently programmed in the outbound routes? For example in Argentina, every phone number has 10 digits including the area code, long distance calls inside the country must start with a 0 and then the full 10 digits, international calls must start with 00 and local calls can be dialed without the area code.

Oh okay, i want to call only in france, so in france number are like “06 12 34 56 78” so there is 9 digits number after the “0” , what do i must enter in outbound routes ? ( and do i must enter something in the trunk
dial patern ?)

Is there a recognizable pattern for local vs national numbers? For example in Argentina every big city has its area code and if you want to call a local number in your same city you just need to dial 7 digits for the local number but you don’t need to dial the 3 digits for the area code.

It seems that your provider wants the full number, so if there is a recognizable pattern in France, you could create an outbound route that works without the need to dial the full number including international code 33.

Can you give me an example of how would you dial a local number, a national number with a different area code than yours and an international number? This way I can try to help you to create the pattern match.

Okay , in france ( not for mobile number ) the second number is different, for exemple for paris its : 01 23 45 67 89 , the “01” is the big city code,

But i don’t need that customisation, its not a problem if i have to enter every number for each call like ’ +33 6 12 34 56 78
I just want my Xlite to work, its only for few calls per days, don’t need a big optimisation like for big companies,

So the problem is only with xlite? Or do you have other phones that also have problems dialing?

I tried with Zoiper, its the same problem, a voice says " this number no exist " in french, or somethings like "try to re-compose the number "

I think the problem is my calling rules, can i send you my pbx admin logs in private so you can test please ? i really don’t know how to do and i need it for work

Post a screenshot of your outbound route’s patterns

PS: i have nothing in trunk patern, only in outbound rules :slight_smile:

The first patern should work. Dial the full number and see if the call completes.

I already tested , but i still can’t call cause “number not found” , i compose the number like this : "+33612345678 "

What isn’t correct

X doesn’t match + just [0-9]

Don’t use the +

Thanks you everything works, i feed have a problem with caller ID but i’ll fix it tommorow ! thanks for your help

My take is that wherever you are, it is your job the “normalize” the system for your users, so inbound calls need to be massaged so they are immediately recognized and dial-able by your users.

So if your calls come in as +442775555555 but they conventionally dial 02775555555 to return the call, then do that on the inbound route.

See [from-pstn-e164-us] in extensions.conf for an example of NANP-land usage, if your not in the -us , you need a [from-pstn-e164-uk] for uk and a [from-psn-e164-fr] for france but the concept is pertinent.

(If you get the number from sip headers, then string the two concepts together)

That way the number is presented on the phone recognizably and calling back from phonebooks or whatever then just needs dial manipulation rules to make your VSP happy, if you have more than one provider, they might well need seperate rules so do that in the trunk not the outbound route.

Outbound routes are more generic and can provide your users with “alternates” , for example in NANP-land both 10 and 11 digit dialing are conventional so allow both 1NXXNXXXXXX AND NXXNXXXXXX is appropriate, (some locales use 10 or 11 for instate or out of state calls)

Fully understanding your national dialing is essential

is great for the UK

Depending on where you are at then “rinse and repeat”