Error Upgrading Modules: GPG Verify File check failed

Hi All,

I have performed a fresh install of RasPBX 21 and then set the timezone, changed root password and ran
raspbx-upgrade. This brought me to RasPBX 22. Once logged into FreePBX through the browser, when trying to run module upgrades, get the following error for each upgrade or new install:

Error(s) downloading ucp:
File Integrity failed for /var/www/html/admin/modules/_cache/ucp-13.0.31.tgz.gpg - aborting (GPG Verify File check failed)

If I then try to run the process again the following error appears:

unlink(/var/www/html/admin/modules/_cache/announcement-13.0.5.tgz.gpg): No such file or directory

1. I have checked the /var/www/html/admin/modules/cache folder exists
  2. The second error can be fixed by deleting all the gpg files in this directory and then it goes back to the first
  3. When I switch to user asterisk and then run gpg --verify /var/www/html/admin/modules/cache/music-13.0.18.tgz.gpg it returns a good siganture then says gpg: Note: This key has expired!
  4. When running the date command the system retunrs the correct date
  5. When running hwclock --systohc it returns hwclock: Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.

Any hints you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I only started using FreePBX about a month ago, but have a few installs in VMware, in the cloud and on a few other servers. Itā€™s my first time trying RasPBX and I cross-posted this question on that forum as well. Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction here.

Cheers

1 Like

The problem is that the gpg key on the system has expired. Please login to the server via ssh and run the following:

sudo -u asterisk gpg --refresh-keys --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net

5 Likes

Thanks Bryan, this worked perfectly! Spent a day breaking my head over this yesterday. Very helpful.

I just had the same problem no modules would update after new install of 6.12.65 so ran the command posted by Bryan then all modules except Framework upgraded. Framework failed:

File Integrity failed for /var/www/html/admin/modules/_cache/framework-12.0.76.3.tgz.gpg - aborting (Cause: Unable to download GPG key 3DDB2122FE6D84F7, or find /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/3DDB2122FE6D84F7.key or /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/FE6D84F7.key)

To be sure I ran the command again:

[root@localhost ~]# sudo -u asterisk gpg --refresh-keys --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: refreshing 2 keys from hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: requesting key 69D2EAD9 from hkp server pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: requesting key B33B4659 from hkp server pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: key 69D2EAD9: ā€œFreePBX Mirror 1 (Module Signing - 2014/2015) [email protected]ā€ not changed
gpg: key B33B4659: ā€œFreePBX Module Signing (This is the master key to sign FreePBX Modules) [email protected]ā€ not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 2
gpg: unchanged: 2

As you can see nothing changed. All suggestions welcomed.

I have looked in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO and the two files there are 86CE877469D2EAD9.key and 9F9169F4B33B4659.key. It seems to me that Framework is still expecting the old keys not the new ones. How can I resolve?

Thereā€™s something wrong with your machine. It should be automatically downloading the key as required.

However:

sudo -u asterisk gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 3DDB2122FE6D84F7

Will download and install the key

Perfect. Thanks for your help. Itā€™s been a bit of a trial to sort this build out but now everything appears to be behaving normally so will get on with building the production system. Thanks again.

When I try that command, I get

gpg: Fatal: canā€™t create directory `/home/asterisk/.gnupgā€™: No such file or directory.

Ohā€¦, it is because there is no home directory for asterisk.

1 Like

This can also happen if the machine had itā€™s connection to the net interrupted (what I just found) but forcing the key download works perfectly - Thanks - as always an awesome community!

3 Likes

Kindly help me with this issue:

gpg: Fatal: canā€™t create directory ā€˜/root/.gnupgā€™: Permission denied

ā€˜asteriskā€™ doesnā€™t have write permission to /root

Yes I see that but is it the right directory it should be updating/creating gpg keys in? Shouldnā€™t it be /home/asterisk?

cd to /home/asterisk first to see if that helps. Iā€™m not sure why the sudo isnā€™t setting the $HOME directory for the asterisk user to the right directory. Read through the rest of the message chain and make sure the rest of the issues identified arenā€™t messing with you.

Yes I checked this thread thoroughly but Iā€™m still stuck at:
ā€“keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 9F9169F4B33B4659
gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir '/home/asterisk/.gnupgā€™
gpg: key 9F9169F4B33B4659: ā€œFreePBX Module Signing (This is the master key to sign FreePBX Modules) [email protected]ā€ not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: unchanged: 1**

Seems no end soon to my miseries

ls -ald /home/asterisk
ls -ald /home/asterisk/.gnupg
ls -ald /home

Let us know what you get. As a guess, at least one of those has hosed permissions.

ls -ald /home/asterisk
drwxr-xr-x 3 asterisk asterisk 4096 Jul 18 18:17 /home/asterisk

ls -ald /home/asterisk/.gnupg
drwxr-xr-x 4 asterisk asterisk 4096 Jul 18 18:28 /home/asterisk/.gnupg

~$ ls -ald /home
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 18 06:36 /home

(Executed all these commands in asterisk user)

chmod -R 600 /home/asterisk/.gnupg

gpg --refresh-keys --keyserver pool.sks-keyser vers.net
gpg: failed to create temporary file ā€˜/home/asterisk/.gnupg/.#lk0x000055ee568058b0.ubuntu.16304ā€™: Permission denied
gpg: keyblock resource ā€˜/home/asterisk/.gnupg/pubring.kbxā€™: Permission denied

You would have to run that as asterisk

permission 600 , only the owner (asterisk) can read or write to that directory, that is the ā€œsafeā€ thing.

asterisk@ubuntu:~$ chmod -R 600 /home/asterisk/.gnupg
chmod: cannot access ā€˜/home/asterisk/.gnupg/pubring.kbxā€™: Permission denied
chmod: cannot access ā€˜/home/asterisk/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.dā€™: Permission denied
chmod: cannot access ā€˜/home/asterisk/.gnupg/random_seedā€™: Permission denied
chmod: cannot access ā€˜/home/asterisk/.gnupg/crls.dā€™: Permission denied
chmod: cannot access ā€˜/home/asterisk/.gnupg/pubring.kbx~ā€™: Permission denied
chmod: cannot access ā€˜/home/asterisk/.gnupg/S.dirmngrā€™: Permission denied
chmod: cannot access ā€˜/home/asterisk/.gnupg/trustdb.gpgā€™: Permission denied