Error: Unable to write to /etc/wanpipe/global.conf

This error keeps showing up on the dashboard.

Unable to write to /etc/wanpipe/global.conf
Please change permissions on /etc/wanpipe/global.conf or disable Sangoma
DIGIUM mode

We have a system with 2 Digium 24 port analog card installed. We don’t have any other interface cards installed. I activated the DAHDI config module and my FXO / FXS ports show up under the analog tab as expected. I have read in other posts that this was a problem with A200 Sangoma boards, however we don’t have one. I checked the file location /etc/wanpipe/ there is no global.conf file. As suggested in other posts I ran /usr/sbin/wancfg_dahdi but selected “no” because the top section did not mention Digium cards.

**########################################################################**
      **#                          Sangoma Wanpipe                                                                                   #**
      **#        Dahdi/Zaptel/SMG/TDMAPI/BOOT Configuration Script                                            #**
      **#                             v2.51                                                                                                      #**
      **#                     Sangoma Technologies Inc.                                                                          #**
      **#                        Copyright(c) 2016.                                                                                      #**
      **########################################################################**

**FATAL: Error inserting wanpipe (/lib/modules/2.6.32-504.8.1.el6.x86_64/kernel/drivers/net/wan/wanpipe.ko): No such device**
      **Would you like to generate /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf**
      ** 1. YES**
      ** 2. NO**
      **[1-2]:2**

**Configuring T1/E1 cards [A101/A102/A104/A108/A116/T116]**

**No Sangoma ISDN T1/E1 cards detected**

**Press any key to continue:**
      **Configuring ISDN BRI cards [A500/B500/B700]**

**No Sangoma ISDN BRI cards detected**

**Configuring GSM cards [W400]**

**No Sangoma GSM cards detected**

**Configuring analog cards [A200/A400/B600/B610/B700/B800]**
      **Configuring USB devices [U100]**

**###################################################################**
      **#                             SUMMARY                                                                                   #**
      **###################################################################**

**No Sangoma voice compatible cards found/configured**

Anyone have any suggestions? Is this an error I even need to worry about?

Maybe the /etc/wanpipe directory isn’t writable by the asterisk user?

1 Like

if no sangoma card inside, you can ignore that.

If you don’t use wanpipe then did you try

http://wiki.sangoma.com/Wanpipe-Setup-Options

and choose the uninstall options ? If you used an rpm to install it, then uninstall it.

I changed the permissions using

chown asterisk:asterisk wanpipe

and ls -la shows

drwxr-xr-x. 11 asterisk asterisk   4096 May 11 10:51 wanpipe

but I sill get the error.

I did not install it (it was already installed in the distro) and I hesitate uninstalling it as the boot stream seems to show windpipe detecting my cards.

Actually, if you look closely, it shows windpipe (sic) NOT detecting any Sangoma cards.

That happens when I run “/usr/sbin/wancfg_dahdi” but in the boot stream (i.e. the messages displayed to the console during boot up) it shows wanpipe loading and detecting the Digium cards then it lists the ports on the cards. Since the ports are working I don’t want to delete anything.

also, yeah auto correct does not like wanpipe.

from your original post

Did you try that ?

Since I’m using Digium cards I figured that had to be left as “Yes” but I just tried setting it to “No” and rebooting. The error did not come back and I can still see my analog ports. I don’t want to say that’s the fix until I test the ports, but it looks promising. I will test tomorrow.