ERROR[15042] pjproject: sip_inv.c ....Error parsing/validating SDP body: Invalid SDP origin line (PJMEDIA_SDP_EINORIGIN)

That 192.168.88.105 IP address is the IP assigned to my computer by my company’s VPN.

Interestingly enough the 3CX softphone worked perfectly until I switched from chan_sip to chan_pjsip.

I have 2 remote users that VPN into the office that can no longer use this soft phone. All of my desk phones are fine.

Run Wireshark on your computer to see whether the 200 OK (as sent by 3CX) is bad. If not, we can look at the VPN in more detail.

The invite has sip:[email protected]:58861 in the Request Line.

Yes, but please show the SDP for both the INVITE and the 200 OK response.

Yes, I found that the 200 OK packet was malformed.

Wow, very surprising; 3CX softphone is usually pretty robust. How is the VPN set up? If it’s a software client on the PC, the machine has both a private IP e.g. 192.168.0.x from the local router and the 192.168.88.105 tunnel IP. Maybe some ‘part’ of the softphone doesn’t see the tunnel and so has no address to send.

I’m not familiar with this softphone. Does it have any network settings that may be relevant, e.g. to bind to only one interface?

Nothing fancy

Shouldn’t “I am in the office” be checked?

Also, try leaving STUN Server blank.

Yeah, it is. I had removed our external IP from that box.

Removing Stun server had no effect.

This whole setup was fine until I changed the channel driver.

I changed the SIP port form 5060 to 5061.

I had to append the end of the server IP address in the 3cx phone with :5061 for it to authenticate.

It seems weird to me that changing the channel driver / port would cause malformed packets on a client machine.

Also, I don’t think it has anything to do with the VPN configuration.

I just tested in the office with the same result.

I have a thread started in the 3CX forum.

Anyone have a recommendation for a soft phone? :wink:

On what ports and protocols are your chan_sip and chan_pjsip actually bound to ?

chan_sip is no longer active but was previously on 5060

chan_pjsip is on 5061

And is that true also with other ‘softphones’ ?

Also post your logs through pastebin please.

I have approximately 80ish Desktop Phone endpoints that work flawlessly on 5061

I have 3 softphones that can make calls, but receiving calls causes this issue.

Then a well formed pastebin log of a failed inbound call to one of them please to one of them.