EPM Yealink update config without losing user's custom speeddial buttons

Hi everyone.
Running bare metal FreePBX distro:
Current PBX Version:14.0.1.31
Current System Version:12.7.4-1801-3.sng7
Asterisk 13.18.4
EPM paid/commercial module: 14.0.2.12
Yealink T46S phones are in the same network/subnet as phone server.

I have two questions:

1. How can i make base edit/config changes to these phones without wiping out everyone’s custom speeddial buttons? Is there any separation between user edits and server provided config files?

2. Is there a setting in FreePBX/EPM for when phones are automatically reset to the latest config in tftpboot folder? I had received reports from several users that their custom buttons were deleted over last weekend. Yet I hadn’t made any config changes myself.

OK. How do your users set their own speed dials etc?

I’d normally suggest getting UCP for EPM module. Lets you do per-extension edits on a base template and makes it super easy, well it does normally but its broken as of Freepbx 14 and I have a ticket here (vote on it): https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-16763

To get phones to save custom/user settings change this from a 0 to a 1 in basefile edit:

auto_provision.custom.protect = 0

They do speed dials on the phones themselves. It seems the UCP edits are not making it to the phone config.

Thank you very much adtopkek. I did the basefile edit and this resolved the issue for edits made directly to the phone. That’s good enough for my employees right now. Someday I’ll have to address the edits made via UCP. Seems I would have to give phones permissions to save back into the tftpboot folder, and turn on:
auto_provision.custom.sync=1
But I haven’t had time to test this.

Thanks guys.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.