EPM and Cisco SPA112 Provisioning Profile Issue

I’m not really sure this is exactly an EPM issue but I’m curious if anyone else out there has had this issue.

When I did an out of the box run of the /admin/config.xml on the SPA112 it shows this:


No matter how I edit the BaseFile Config, no matter if I create a profile by hand and have it pull that one what never seems to update via the EPM profile are these fields. So I’m stuck at trying to figure this out.

  1. The guest or the admin do not change no matter what I put in the basefile config.
  2. I can’t get the password fields uncommented no matter what type of config I have it pull down.

Would this be due to the fact that the SPA1x2 profiles aren’t really flat files and have configs embedded within the XML structure tree? Any one seen this and know how to make them update and especially uncomment the password entries?

I has the same problem.
Also, could not update the Time Zone and Primary Time Server. I tried both: set time zone in the template page or Basefile edit. They do not work for SPA112 at all.

Sorry but nobody can help you here , the code is closed source . Your only resource is to open a commercial ticket where you bought the module from

I thought I had posted the results in this thread a while ago. So here’s what I found.

The EPM does not write out valid XML format files. There are certain settings in the SPA1x2 that will update without issue with a non-valid XML config file but the settings I was having a problem with and settings like Time Zone require the config file to be in valid XML format. I created a secondary profile in a valid XML format. Then I adjusted the EPM templates to include a second profile rule that calls on that new profile.

This is how I built the profile that passes the admin/user details to the device during provisioning. You can add any other settings that you have an issue with provisioning through the EPM here.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<flat-profile xmlns="http://www.sipura.net/xsd/SPA112" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.sipura.net/xsd/SPA112 http://www.sipura.net/xsd/SPA112/SPA112-1-1-0-010.xsd">

<Profile_Rule ua="na">http://sip.domain.com:84/spa1x2-init.xml</Profile_Rule>
<Profile_Rule_B ua="na">http://sip.domain.com:84/spa$MA.xml</Profile_Rule>

Then in the EPM under the basefile editor find your SPA1x2 template(s) and make this change

<Profile_Rule ua="na">__provisionAddress__/spa1x2-init.xml</Profile_Rule>
<Profile_Rule_B ua="na">__provisionAddress__/spa$MA.xml</Profile_Rule_B>

This will cause the device to always pull the init file first and provision those settings. The downside is the spa1x2-init.xml is static and you have to make any changes to it by hand but updating the EPM module and pulling new templates doesn’t overwrite the file.