EPM - Aastra line and second extension line config

Follow the wiki. It shows step by step. I don’t know how much more clear I can help you as the wiki gives you step by step and it works.

On Sangoma Phones? Does anyone think to inquire why, if everything is so clear, that I am having so much difficulty discovering how to configure my line keys on my Aastra phones?

Igaetz, Thanks for your help but problem was not solved with the information you provided. I do appreciate your effort to help.

“Lines”, in this case actual keys on the devices (phone) login to the configured extensions. The configuration for the lines on the device to connect is passed to the phones along with other configurations, for example, soft and other keys.
The EPM GUI for my Aastra phones only offers to set up soft keys (See image above) so either there is a problem or some other way, unique to Aastras, to configure the line keys.
I have researched and read everything I can locate and have found no reference to this problem. I don’t think it is stupid of me to ask for more inquiry as to why I am having difficulty and more specific details of how it should work, especially since in my case it doesn’t. :relieved:

I am not am aastra expert. We provide generic info on EPM but setting up more then 2 extension on the same phone has to be done in extension mapping. You have to map both extensions to the same MAC address as shown in the guide we reference and make sure you set Account 1 for the first and Account 2 for the second one.

Thanks, I have done that and when I load my EPM disk image with my phones still provisioned by OSS, the lines connect and work. If I restart a phone, the soft keys provision but the lines do not connect.
The Sangoma wiki example shows a “Line” button" and configuration example for lines. No “Line” button is displayed for my Aastra phones.
Since my problem is no working lines, I ask the question “is something missing”. It would be good to consult someone with knowledge of my supported licensed commercial feed EPM as to the difference between the wiki and my Aastra EPM configuration support.
Please, thank you.

Then stop trying to ask here and open a support ticket. It may not be a feature we support with aastra on their dedicated line keys and u have to use a soft key for account 2

I did, yesterday. I was originally hoping someone with Aastras would just have an easy answer to the puzzle. It is almost impossible to believe I am the only one who faced this, Aastra can’t be that rare.
And by the way, generic documentation for a commercial product which says it supports vast numbers of devices may fall short. There was some Aastra content but nothing I could find which referred to configuring the lines. Possibly the EPM should have embedded help for the different devices, especially if there are significant differences from or extensions of the typical configuration.

Just do it locally on the Aastras’ embedded web servesr, save it as “local” and it will NOT be overwitten.

Thanks, OSS is currently working for me. I was motivated to use EPM to move to a supported platform. Until EPM works for me it is not burning issue.

Well as stated on our wiki Aastra is not a certified partner so their devices get basic support only in EPM.

Interesting, so it working is optional.

I just tested using the technique linked above (and again here) on a 57i, and the line keys provision just fine with multiple extensions. It works fine, there are no bugs, it is not optional.

Amazing, how did you assign the lines to the choice of buttons? Did you notice that in my image there is no “Line Keys” button.