Ensuring Persistent DEFROUTE Settings Across FreePBX Sysadmin Module Updates

Hello FreePBX Community,

I am seeking advice on managing network interface configurations that are generated by the FreePBX Sysadmin module. Specifically, I’ve encountered an issue where the DEFROUTE settings are not being included in the ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 files.

Here’s a quick rundown of my setup:

• Two network interfaces: eth0 for general internet traffic and eth1 for dedicated SIP traffic.
  • Static IP configurations for both interfaces.
  • A need to manually set DEFROUTE=yes for eth0 and DEFROUTE=no for eth1.

The challenge arises when the FreePBX Sysadmin module updates and regenerates the network configuration files, omitting the DEFROUTE settings I’ve added. My questions for the community are:

1. Is there a way within the FreePBX Sysadmin module to specify the DEFROUTE settings so they persist across updates?
  2. If manual edits are the only solution, has anyone developed a best practice for ensuring these settings are restored quickly post-update?
  3. Are there any known risks or issues associated with adding DEFROUTE entries to network configurations managed by the Sysadmin module?

I understand the implications of having incorrect default routes, especially in a VoIP environment, and I’d like to avoid any potential service interruptions due to configuration overwrites.

Any insights, experiences, or advice on how to maintain these settings reliably would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Can you give an example of the 2 interfaces setup and traffic that is not routed as intended?

Not sure this answers your question.
eth0 should have default gateway in Sysadmin.
eth1 should not have default gateway in Sysadmin.

For the rest subnets that should be routed through eth1 create route-eth1 file to dynamically create the relevant static routes.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.