Enhancing Pound Key (rPath Appliance) w/FreePBX

Pound Key works great but only comes with the base Asterisk installation. What I would like to do is extend the Pound Key functionality to include FreePBX to give an Asterisk@Home type auto-install but without the “@Home” focus. With the rPath implementation of the Conary package manager this should be straight forward.

It looks like someone has already done this work, but the project does not appear to be complete:

http://www.rpath.org/rbuilder/project/asteriskplus/

Further, the FreePBX Wiki already addresses what is needed to install FreePBX on PoundKey:

http://www.aussievoip.com/wiki/index.php?page=freePBX-PoundKey

Is anyone aware of the status of AsteriskPlus@rPath? Or want to collaborate to build the appropriate trove at rPath?

Are using a old system or what…the poundkey will work but it is so strip down, you will limited to what else Asterisk can

Download the Centos 4.2 server CD do a min install, you will get a tight Asterisk box But also have for more.

Do not install SeLinux

This is the point of a Soft Appliance, to provide only what you need to run the applications in the environment one is after.

This is not answering the question above. While I appreciate your opinions on the subject, the point of this thread is to look for those who would like to collaborate on adding a FreePBX package (trove) to Conary (just as you might an RPM elsewhere) to create additional iterations of rPath/rLinux soft appliances.

What does this have to do with SeLinux?

Sorry I read the post as you want to bulkup poundkey to be like @home

I understand now

[quote=“muppetmaster”]Pound Key works great but only comes with the base Asterisk installation. What I would like to do is extend the Pound Key functionality to include FreePBX to give an Asterisk@Home type auto-install but without the “@Home” focus. With the rPath implementation of the Conary package manager this should be straight forward.
[/quote]

I like this idea. I find that the extras thrown in with AAH are a bit too much. In all the installs I’ve done for customers, friends and family, I’ve never had anyone use the CRM app, 99% of them don’t use FOP or ARI either. A barebones Linux box with Asterisk + FreePBX on it would be perfect for my needs, and would probably be able to handle more concurrent conversations than a stock AAH box.

I’m not very good with development, but I certainly support your idea, and would be a willing tester down the line.

Alex

Has anyone seen any progress on this? Lots of registered projects, but no files added. Meanwhile, Pound Key is kept very up to date as new Asterisk releases come out, so appears to be well supported.