Endpoint manager with a new router that does not support TFTP

Hi
Just looking to find out any special setup in Endpoint manager to work with HTTP. We are testing a managed router and they are not supporting TFTP ( that is what we been using and don’t have problems with other routers).
I tried HTTP but it fails as soon as you send the command to reboot it flashes ext info for a second and then nothing ? ? I cant even power phone down remote phones through FreePBX .Wondering if any one has come across this ? If any suggestion .
Thanks
RD

What phones are you using.

We Were Testing on Yealink T48G and T41P-That we mostly have out there we have not tested with Polycom ?
Thanks
RD

why don’t you use ftp? easy to setup and very reliable. you only need to configure it on the FreePBX machine

Hi bksales I did try the FTP and I still could not get in ? what do you mean just set it up on the FreePBX machine my are all on a VPS hosted ?
Thanks
RD

the steps are pretty simple.

1. create the userid and password on your server (userad…, passwd…)
  2. add the user it to the user.conf for vsftpd (/ect/vsftpd/users.conf)
  3. start vsftpd (don’t forget chkconfig vsftpd on)
  4. forward tcp port 21 to the pbx
  5. each friewall/router is different but if you are using iptables, add the module ip_conntrack_ftp to it and restart it

to test if yo have it set up right use a browser on your pc and enter ftp://ip-address-of-our-pbx this should pop up a log on screen. enter the user id/password you created and it should show you a directory list. if this works then you are good to go - add the ftp info to the boot server config on the phones

Or if using FreePBX Distro just go to system admin module and under FTP define the username and password and bam its done for you.

Thank You for the assistance really appreciate the response!
RD

Will try that ! Thanks
RD

I added the FTP username and password I can get phone to reboot and send config ? but not getting updated template . I have the server URL also added in yealink the matching user name and password I can still not change template config ? not sure what I am missing.
Thanks
RD

FYI To use HTTP on Yealink phones need set auto provisioning to add Server URL=http://xxx.xxx.xx.x:84
Lesson learned !
Thanks
RD