EndPoint Manager - Warm Spare secondary accounts

I am setting up a warm spare server and want each aastra desk phone to have two accounts 1 for each server so they will always have an active line should the primary server go down.

I provision all my phones using “EndPoint Manager” and have tried setting up 2 templates with destination addresses for each server, but when the phone get the config both accounts have the same IP address

Why don’t you setup the warm spare as the secondary SIP Server? Unless Aastra phones do not support a secondary SIP Server?

1 Like

Aastra’s do so support a second Server. but why not use DNS SRV records for all your services if you deploy Aastras Polycoms, Yealinks, Grandstreams et al . . . ? (they all support it :wink: , as does Asterisk)

The phones do support Secondary SIP server, as all the phones provisioned by End Point Manager I can’t see that there is anywhere to set this

In EPM basefile. Sorry, I don’t have any aastra phones, so I don’t know which key you have to edit.

edit - Chris explained how to: EndPoint Manager Backup Proxy Server and Backup Registrar Server

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.