Endpoint Manager SPA500DS sidecar config file issue

I’m running FreeBPX 14 (latest) with Endpoint Manager and Cisco SPA525G2 phones. I recently picked up a couple of SPA500DS sidecars. The issue I’m having is when I configure my template and input BLF fields for SPA500DS, and then save/update configs, the respective config file in tftpboot shows my BLF fields are not being added to the config for the sidecars. — note that all spa525g2 config files seem to contain BLANK sidecar fields. After selecting the SPA500DS in the template in EPM, and saving/updating, the sidecar fields appear unchanged

<Unit_1_Key_1 ua=“na”></Unit_1_Key_1>
<Unit_1_Key_2 ua=“na”></Unit_1_Key_2>
<Unit_1_Key_3 ua=“na”></Unit_1_Key_3>
<Unit_1_Key_4 ua=“na”></Unit_1_Key_4>
<Unit_1_Key_5 ua=“na”></Unit_1_Key_5>
<Unit_1_Key_6 ua=“na”></Unit_1_Key_6>
<Unit_1_Key_7 ua=“na”></Unit_1_Key_7>
etc…

Other changes to the template (add blf keys to the extra lines on the 525g2 phone) do appear in the config file and a reboot picks them up in the phone.

I have manually edited the config file, and added blf info and it goes to the sidecar - but I can’t seem to get Endpoint Manager to build a config file which includes settings for the sidecar. Also tried choosing the SPA500S sidecar, and EPM doesn’t build config file options for that sidecar either…

Am I doing it wrong? My extension is set to use the correct template in EPM and I don’t see any settings specific to the sidecar except selecting and editing it in the template.

Thanks in advance for ideas/help!

Oh boy - here I go again…

When in doubt - RE-Read the docs…

Must enable the expansion module (sidecar) template AND in extension mapping - choose the template (which I did) but must also hit edit (under action in Extension mapping) and enable expansion module(s)…

Then it works

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.