Endpoint Manager Polycom Button Assignment/Queue help

Good afternoon, hoping someone has seen this before and can help with a fix. This is the first time I have had a customer implement the queues pro module. The desire to have a button on each phone to toggle in an out of the queue for users (*45) - but they want to have the light indicate in or out (pause) in the queue. We can get that to work via programming a BLF button with * 45 * 8101 for extension 8101. However - we are now faced with creating hundreds of individual templates, all with the extension in the button configuration, one for each phone. If we just leave it as *45 the BLF flag doesn’t indicate properly. Is there anyway to “wildcard” this in the template so we can apply the same template to all phones, but the button will dial the proper *45 *(extension) for each phone? (had to add extra spaces for the forum to display correctly)

Yes, IIRC there is an “extension” variable you can program into EPM buttons.

Two caveats:

1. I don’t know how - I just remember seeing something @lgaetz posted on it a couple of months ago.
  2. I don’t have an EPM system handy to test it.

Are you using the commercial endpoint manager to provision phones?

Yes - we have the commercial endpoint manager and are using Polycom phones - specifically VVX500 in this case. We also have the Queues Pro module.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Variables-Version+12.X+or+greater

*45*__line1Ext__

note that those are double underscores before and after the placeholder.

2 Likes

Thank you SO much - that’s exactly what we are looking for. Thanks again for making me look like a hero!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.