Endpoint Manager + Polycom 550

I hope this is the right area for this question.

I have a new box that is working perfect except for the Polycom 550 phones that are attached to it do not have a dial tone nor do they ring when an incoming call comes in. The incoming call shows up on the LCD and you can answer it/talk. Selecting the ring type from the phone’s local menu will cause the phone to reboot.

We have a few 650s and 335s on the system and they are working perfectly. I have all three models provisioned using the Endpoint Manager and the config files seem to be the same across all three…so not sure where the discrepancy is coming from.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have a bootrom firmware mismatch?

Would this be something that would show up on the phone when it boots or in a log somewhere? I haven’t received any errors on the phone.

I don’t know if it would or would not. What is the bootrom and firmware versions?

you need to install the firmware or do it manually. This is 100% related to you having something less than 3.3.1 on the phones. It’s the exact same issue as always, no dial tone, funky dtmf.

Yeah, I got the firmware part figured out, I ended up downloading the latest from Polycom’s site and pointing the 550s to my tftp server on my laptop. They are working now. However, I am getting an MD5 checksum error when trying to install the firmware through the endpoint manager. Can I just copy over the files I download from polycom or will that screw up the Endpoint managers configurations?

uninstall the polycom brand and reinstall it and you’ll be able to download the firmware

Thanks! Everything is working as expected.