Enabling FXS ports 3, 4 on a DAHDI card

(Michael Coulton) #1

Hello

How do I enable / activate ports 3/4 on a DAHDI card. I believe this can be done via CLI, however the only command that I’m aware of is setup-sangoma followed by a reboot. That didn’t help.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

You need to re-configure the card, either with the setup scripts or manually editing the conf files.

(Michael Coulton) #3

Thanks

What command do I use to access the set up scripts and what config file am I editing?

Is this a Sangoma or digium card?

(Michael Coulton) #5

Hello
It’s a Sangoma card.

you should be able to use the command-line script wancfg_dahdi, or if you prefer, install the dahdi module and work it through the GUI

(Michael Coulton) #7

Thanks
I’ve re-configured the card using the wancfg_dahdi command and done a reboot, however the FXS ports won’t activate. Any other idea’s?

Thanks for the help.

You would have to provide a lot more info, like card model, contents of DAHDI config files and so on.

(Michael Coulton) #9

Hello
I’m running a Sangoma A200 with a 2 port FXO & 2 port FXS cards piggy backed on top. How can I re-activate the FXS ports and what would cause them to fail?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Are you using the DAHDI module to configure it? Can you uninstall it temporarily an re-run wancfg_dahdi?

(Michael Coulton) #11

I will try this later today.

Just to be clear, I’ve attached a screen shot of the module that needs to be disabled. Is this correct:

Yes that is the one. But if I were you, I would uninstall it, so all its files are removed and you can start from a fresh DAHDI configuration.

(Michael Coulton) #13

Hi
Thanks for the help. I un-installed the “DAHDI config” module and used the command line to “wancfg_dahdi” plus rebooted the system with no effect. I then re-installed “DAHDI config” and used the GUI to complete the configuration plus a system reboot. Now I’m back to only the FXO ports being enabled and not the FXS. Any other suggestions?

If wancfg_dahdi is not activating the ports, there’s the chance that the port module is not correctly settled on the card.

(Michael Coulton) #15

Okay. I will look into trying to re-seat the module on the card. It’ll be a couple of days before I get to it. Thanks again for your help.

(system) closed #16

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.