Enable User Portal Voicemail Playback

if you log in under user mode and go to the “voicemail” link on the INBOX folder there are two fields (playback, download … in addition to others) provided for any vmail that’s in that folder. There are no links connecting to the WAV files, is there a way to enable this feature. I’ve spent a lot of time searching for any reference to this with no luck.

I woke up with the same problem after doing an experimental install of AsteriskNOW on a flash drive.

Apparently not all of the Asterisk Addons are installed with NOW. 1st you need to install the mysql addon:

Login to your asterisk server as root and type yum install asterisk-addons-mysql. Select Y when it asks for installation.

Then you need to change the permissions on the folder where the recordings are stored:

“the permissions on the /var/spool/asterisk/monitor were set incorrectly. Set it as follows (same as the voicemail directory):”

They should read “drwxrwxr-x 2 asterisk asterisk 4096 Nov 26 01:06 monitor” in ls -l

chmod 775 /var/spool/asterisk/monitor

And finally, Apache runs under the apache ID in NOW instead of the asterisk ID so you need to change the owner of the PHP “session” folder to apache:

chown -R apache:apache /var/lib/php/session

That fixed recordings and reports for me.

I have no understanding of what “NOW”, I installed trixbox and there is already a mysql instance installed with it. I’m not sure if the addon you referred to implies some module that’s installed on mysql? By default my /var/spool/asterisk/monitor permissions were set as indicated in your post, and I chown’ed the /var/lib/php/session but no links showed up under the user portal voicemail area. Any additional suggestions?