Emergency number

Somebody knows how to set a specific CID for incoming call, i am about to built a voip system with freePBX, the customer wants me to set up a very short number as an Emergency number for incoming call (144 for e.g)

Look forward to your reply.

Thansk !

Incoming (Direct In Dial, or DID) numbers almost always come from your ITSP or phone company. Once you have that coordinated with them, you can set it up in incoming routes like any other number.

Specific Caller ID for incoming calls is set based on the caller ID of the person calling you, so if their phone was able to transmit ‘144’ as their caller ID, you could match that in the incoming route by setting it in the “Caller ID” field.

Now, if you mean to set up a local “emergency” number that your phones can all dial, just set it up like any other custom destination and send the call wherever it needs to go.

so if their phone was able to transmit ‘144’ as their caller ID

I m not completly understand, their will be all local number .

Any suggestion .

Thanks !

Let me say what I understood you to ask.

A random person outside of your office picks up their phone and dials ‘144’. The phone company will route that call to your PBX with a DID of ‘144’ and the caller ID of the person making the call.

You want Asterisk to answer the call and do something with it.

To accomplish that, the phone company will have to set up an rule that says ‘when anyone in the world dials 144, send it to “telili”.’ After that, you set up your trunk to receive Any calls from Any number and an inbound route with ‘144’ as the DID. From there, you choose what you want to happen.

Hi @cynjut , sorry for the delay but i was trying to set that thing on behalf your suggestion :::: but i think i missed a lot of thing :disappointed:, this is my steps :

Under Dahdi Channel DID, i create a DID matched the channel on which the trunk is connected, the DID is 144 for e.g,
anyone must likely define the rest of the configutation that i ve done, for inbound call i ve only put the DID number in the DID field created under Dhadi Channel DID then i defined the real caller id that provide this trunk. So you can see in what i’ve explained above my config was wrong.

Other suggestion .

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks !

I still don’t understand what you are trying to do.

• Caller ID is NEVER useful here if we are talking about people dialing your 144 number. Caller ID is only useful when you place a call going out from your PBX.
  • You don’t assign a DID in DAHDI - it’s not meaningful. DID on DAHDI is set by your phone company on the channel you are connecting to, and you will route the incoming channel to whatever you are doing based on the incoming channel.

So, I still don’t understand what you are trying to say.

Who is dialing 144?

People in your PBX, or people in the city?

If people in the city, the phone company will route 144 calls to your DAHDI trunk and everything that comes in from that DAHDI trunk will be 144 calls.

If people in your PBX, I still don’t understand what you are trying to do.

Please don’t tell me how you want to do this again - tell me what it is you are really trying to do. Write it in your original language and send it to Google Translate and post that. Use lots of examples. Brevity is not helpful here, we need lots of information to help you .

Who is dialing 144?

People in your PBX, or people in the city?

People in the city, i thought it was a conf on the PBX side. I will talk to the phone company,that 's correct ??
Look forward to your reply,
Any sugestion !

Thanks !

Yes - the phone company needs to route 144 calls to your PBX. Once you have that set up, you create a trunk that points from your incoming device and routes all traffic from that trunk to the incoming “ANY/ANY” incoming route in your configuration. From there, you can break out your traffic.

If you want certain people (the mayor, for example) to get a special extension, you can use the Caller ID field in the incoming route to create a “hot line” that does something different than go to your ring-group or queue (if you are setting up an emergency call center).

The DID you receive from the phone company will always be whatever they assign you, unless you are using DAHDI. In that case, you will (usually) just assign the incoming device to a trunk and assume the incoming DID. Of course, the specifics of your incoming connection will make that more specific.

As cynjut said, you have to buy the number from a local provider. It is not a FreePBX option. When you got the number, then you can use FreePBX to route the calls.

Thank you very much ___ @cynjut in particular.