Emergency Call Feature

I have setup a Ring Group and added our security Team’s extensions in it, and when I call the ring group extension it rings everyone’s phones at the same time like it is supposed to.
However once one person answers the call drops for everyone else, and I am wanting for everyone to be able to answer the call and talk at the same time.
The reason for this request is if there is an emergency I want to call one number and be able to talk to all of our managers all at the same time.
I created an account and gave the account a phone number. I created a Microsoft Teams Group and added that member to the group. When I call from the Teams app on my phone it calls the entire group perfectly, until someone answers. I hope I explained enough the results I am looking for.

Maybe a paging group?

Unfortunately, ring groups don’t work that way.

You’re going to have to do something custom with conferencing. Check the commercial Conference Pro module to see if there’s something that can do for you.

1 Like

You could use UCP with the conference module, but if you wanted something more hands off, you could create a custom treatment that calls a list of phone numbers stored in a table somewhere, maybe the phone book if you are not comfortable making your own. When they answer, put some “human” check, like press 1 to join the conference, then route them to the conference.

Tie that custom treatment to however you would like to activate it.

Another option as opposed to having a table with dial-able numbers is to make a call file for each number. Your script would move a copy of the call files into the outgoing folder, generating the calls.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your replies.
I have decided to stay with the ring group, since I can call it through Microsoft Teams on our smart phones, and everyone can set a siren for the ringer sound when receiving a call from that number, and they will know to check messages in the Microsoft Teams Group.
I could do it all through Microsoft if I wanted to spend more money for phone system through them.
I do have the conference pro license, and might look into it if I have time, but for now a call group is better than nothing.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.