Email results for fax confirmation

FreePBX 14.0.5.25
Asterisk 13.22.0

Maybe someone knows an easy fix for this?

I am getting fax confirmations from a customer account. I should NOT be getting them.

There are multiple inbound routes for faxing and the results for fax confirmation need to go to different addresses.

I have the email addresses configured on the fax recipient extension.

Anyway, in the log:
Jan 7 12:49:57 27624387 postfix/qmgr[1522]: 8A0E7207626F: from=<[email protected]>, size=3115794, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jan 7 12:49:59 27624387 postfix/smtp[9915]: 8A0E7207626F: to=<[email protected]>, relay=smtp.mailgun.org[54.152.210.106]:25, delay=1.8, delays=0.1/0.02/0.61/1.1, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 Great success)

No where in the system other than notifications settings do I have the [email protected] address. However, after checking user manager and the extension, I have no idea why it is sending results to our support email.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This is the email log, not the actual dialplan log.

Confirm you see in the user section the user’s email address.

Also, is your PBX up to date?

Is there a user associated with the (fax) extension? If so, under User Details you could set the email address.

The PBX is a few updates behind…

Yes, the user extension (fax recipient) has a valid email address associated with the account.

Just out of curiosity, why would the dial plan matter in this case?

Fax is an actual phone call.

In the dialplan there’s a script (or scripts) which handles Fax to Email as well as error emails.

I’d start by fully updating the PBX.

what about Settings >> Fax Configuration >> Email address?

updated the entire system last night.

Haven’t seen any emails come through today.

Settings >> Fax Configuration >> Email address?

Outgoing Email address: should be the From address
Email address: should be default destination e-mail address for received faxes

I don’t think that can be related.
https://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=81856250#UserManagementGroup/UserSettings-Fax

Email Results

• When to email the results of an outgoing fax. Email will be sent to the email address as defined in their User Management Module User Guide#User Details section above. Options include;

• Never - Never email the results of a outgoing fax.
    • Always - Always email the results of outgoing fax
    • On Success - Only email the results when the fax is sent successful
    • On Failure - Only email the results when a fax fails to be sent successfully and all retry attempts below have been exhausted.

I picked it from here:
Settings > Fax Configuration
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Configuring+Your+PBX

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.