Email results for fax confirmation

(Jason) #1

FreePBX 14.0.5.25
Asterisk 13.22.0

Maybe someone knows an easy fix for this?

I am getting fax confirmations from a customer account. I should NOT be getting them.

There are multiple inbound routes for faxing and the results for fax confirmation need to go to different addresses.

I have the email addresses configured on the fax recipient extension.

Anyway, in the log:
Jan 7 12:49:57 27624387 postfix/qmgr[1522]: 8A0E7207626F: from=<fax@freepbx.pbx>, size=3115794, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jan 7 12:49:59 27624387 postfix/smtp[9915]: 8A0E7207626F: to=<support@scioncomputers.com>, relay=smtp.mailgun.org[54.152.210.106]:25, delay=1.8, delays=0.1/0.02/0.61/1.1, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 Great success)

No where in the system other than notifications settings do I have the support@scioncomputers.com address. However, after checking user manager and the extension, I have no idea why it is sending results to our support email.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(Itzik) #2

This is the email log, not the actual dialplan log.

Confirm you see in the user section the user’s email address.

Also, is your PBX up to date?

(Moussa) #3

Is there a user associated with the (fax) extension? If so, under User Details you could set the email address.

(Jason) #4

The PBX is a few updates behind…

Yes, the user extension (fax recipient) has a valid email address associated with the account.

Just out of curiosity, why would the dial plan matter in this case?

(Itzik) #5

Fax is an actual phone call.

In the dialplan there’s a script (or scripts) which handles Fax to Email as well as error emails.

I’d start by fully updating the PBX.

(Moussa) #6

what about Settings >> Fax Configuration >> Email address?

(Jason) #7

updated the entire system last night.

Haven’t seen any emails come through today.

Settings >> Fax Configuration >> Email address?

(Moussa) #8

Outgoing Email address: should be the From address
Email address: should be default destination e-mail address for received faxes

(Itzik) #9

I don’t think that can be related.
https://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=81856250#UserManagementGroup/UserSettings-Fax

Email Results

• When to email the results of an outgoing fax. Email will be sent to the email address as defined in their User Management Module User Guide#User Details section above. Options include;

• Never - Never email the results of a outgoing fax.
    • Always - Always email the results of outgoing fax
    • On Success - Only email the results when the fax is sent successful
    • On Failure - Only email the results when a fax fails to be sent successfully and all retry attempts below have been exhausted.

(Moussa) #10

I picked it from here:
Settings > Fax Configuration
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Configuring+Your+PBX

(system) closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.